Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2015, 05:50 AM   #1
Indy 6

Bullet Premier 32 BHPR

Hello

We are looking at the 32 BHPR, I really like the floor plan as well the outside kitchen and the weight as I have a half ton chevy.

I looking for the pros/cons to this trailer. We sold our pop up last year but we have looked at a lot of trailers and this one seams to stand out.

Thanks for any information on this trailer and 1st time travel trailer owner.

Indy
Indy 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
GaryWT

Hi and good luck. We own the Premier 31bhpr and love it. Had it 2 years and plan on many more. Same outside kitchen as the 32 I believe. It tows great and just looks good. We towed with a 150 for a year and it did great. Hope it works out, I think you will be happy with it.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Bowhunter

We have owned a 2014 32BHPR for the past year. Used to own a 32BHL Springdale for 10 yrs prior. Although we enjoyed the Springdale when our 3 kids were younger, we love our Premier! We love the outdoor kitchen. Use it more than we thought. It is always handy to quickly wash hands or get the quick utensil. It is nice having the awning over it so that you can use even in the rain. It really saves on running in camper wear and tear. But when you do go inside, it is luxurious. It has unbelievable storage for all your needs. Still has bunks for older kids with large beds and headroom. Only minimal issues when picked up. You will find that with any trailer, but this one was minimal! I pull mine with GMC Sierra 6L with ease. Better hauling than my last camper. Good luck, this is a nice trailer!
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
Indy 6

Thanks for the information how do you like the frameless windows? any problems with them?

Thank you

Indy
Old 01-17-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
GaryWT

Window have been fine to date, look good and easy to use although we do not open them too often.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
Bowhunter

I love my windows. Whole exterior much cleaner than last camper. Less streaking with seamless windows and you can leave open even with a a steady rain.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
Indy 6

Good to hear about the windows...
Old 01-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
ImTravis

Only thing with the frameless, is that sometimes you have to tap the glass to pop the seal to open them.. Other than that, they're awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #9
ggrant119

Looked long and hard between the 32 BHPR and the Cougar 33RBI... Purchased the 33RBI wife and I looked over the floor plans and walked in and out for what felt like forever. I don't pick it up till middle of February. Wife wanted table and chairs.. (instead of the dinette) they had to build us one.. This is our first trailer, we decided the "back room" on the 33RBI would be more useful when our son got alittle older. Did you look at the 33RBI?
ggrant119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #10
Bowhunter

To ggrant119,
Looks like you made a great choice in the Cougar. Our first camper had the rear bedroom that served us well while our kids were growing up. But now that they are older (ages 20,18,&16) we love our Premier 32bhpr. They prefer to be with the adults now, and they love the larger beds. I see the Cougar also has the outdoor kitchen. Not having one on our first camper, I can't believe how we lived without one. Another thing to consider is the front slide on the Cougar. I am not sure how big the awning is, but this slide will decrease your awning space and you will prefer one that is over your outdoor kitchen. For some this may not be an issue, but we enjoy the outdoors even in the rain and the extra protection is nice to pull the picnic table under and have room to move around. We have never had the table and chairs, but I think that is a preference issue. But then again, all of it is. We have camped a lot with our family and I know what we like. I think the big thing is getting away to spend time with your family. We also considered the Cougars when we were looking. We chose the Premier and just love it. I think they are both nice trailers.

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD 6LV8
Current TT: 2014 32BHPR Premier
2003-2014: 2004 298BHL Springdale
Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #11
koko

Our Premier is the small version, but we also have the frameless windows and really like them. They look sleek and can be left open even in a hard rain.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
Flabbytax

Our 2013 Premier 32BHPR, we switched all lights over to LED. We had an electrical issue where one of the bathroom lights wouldn't take the new LED bulb and blew the fuse so we have one light in there that is just turned off until we figure it out. Other than the door trim insulation issues (there was NO INSULATION around any of the exterior doors on our unit I would check yours to make sure you aren't in the same boat) we have been just peachy. We also had a lot of condensation build up in our top bunk so we installed a vent up there and no more issues with that! We added the vent cover and we are airing out nicely. We are living full-time in this unit as of July 2014 and love it. I have noticed with a few windows the knobs need a tighten here and there but I love these tinted frame less windows. Seriously though check the interior door trim to see if they actually put insulation in there.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
LuapFrodnetto

on another note and speaking to the outdoor kitchen, is your countertop sagging? I parked next to another 31 Premier bunkhouse last week and thiers was and then I noticed mine was too.
LuapFrodnetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #14
Boomer

We have a 2017 26RBPR and have had 2 of the frameless windows blow out. We had replaced the first one but hardware is separating from the glass so we will need to do it again as well. They look great but I hate to think everytime I use the unit, I will need to park it to replace another window. Anyone else had this issue?
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote