Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimchancepistolero View Post
just picked up a 2019 Cougar 29RDB ... it has the In Command .. what are some thing to look for ...
Check this out while you're still in warranty, and before you go anywhere very hot or very cold.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #12
OregonDuck

I also have a 29RDB. Love it!!! Best floor plan IMHO when you have kids. And we are the opposite of you; ours came w/o the fireplace and we added one. FP is an option on the rig. They all come pre-wired for it, but if you don't order, they add doors for a massive storage space.

I still have my doors and hardware. Perfect condition, and yours if you would like. Just have to get them to you.

All said, something we learned as we started using the RV that I thought I would share... Camping in the cold (we camp year round), the fireplace is amazing to have at night. Our first winter taking it out we used the dometic furnace at night. That thing works great. BUT..... It goes on and off and on and off so many times, and so frequently; drove us nuts, and kept us awake! Just something we learned when we first bought the rig so thought I would mention. We are HUGE fans of having the "little electric heater" on the rig. Many other options you could consider though, and you get a ton of storage on this model w/o it, for sure.

OregonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM   #13
slimchancepistolero

only had this camper a week BUT the problem with the FP is we use our campers to go to cowboy shoots ... that means in the middle of nowhere, no water, no sewer and no electric ... you can only run gen from 6a to 8p (mostly) ... sorta like boondocking for 4 days at a time ... so, storage is more important than electrical stuff ... thanxs OreganDuck for the offer ...
2010 Passport Ultra Lite Grand Touring 195rb
2019 Ram 1500 Larime Hemi w/eTorque quad cab
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L Hemi 5th whl prep
slimchancepistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #14
DarkElf

My 2 cents ...

I agree with Oregonduck.
We have a 36' 2015 Grand Design Solitude 5th wheel and it has an electric fireplace in it and WOW, does it put out heat! I love it.
I can heat my whole camper with it and never turn on my propane furnace and we camp in the spring and fall up here in NH where it can get pretty chilly at night during those times of the year.
I wouldn't part with the FP if it were me. Though you may not use it right now you never know when you may want or need it in the future.
For the gain in cabinet space way down near the floor?

But, of course that's just my opinion.
Good luck with your project.
DarkElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #15
Yorkysnminpins

We have the same model without the fireplace. We definitely use the storage area below the TV. Fireplace might be nice on a cold evening, but I wouldn't give up the storage.

Yorkysnminpins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar