Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #11
itat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Our 2018 Raptor 353TS came with the MORryde 4 steps for the main cabin entrance. They are very solid and I love walking up and down them.

HOWEVER, I have a concern with these steps. When the cabin door is closed and the steps are extended, there is a hidden danger. If you ever use your hydraulic leveling system and don't have that cabin door open, you are going to have massive damage to either the steps or the door/frame. Essentially, you will be placing the weight of the trailer on those steps and door!

Here's a real life scenario that happened to me. We had just picked up our new trailer and I was playing around with the IN-Command system [it will control your front hydraulic levelers]. I put my cell phone in my pocket and was doing other things when I "butt dialed" those front levelers and the trailer started going down in front. Fortunately, the door was open, so there was no damage - had that door been closed, I would have destroyed either the steps or the door and frame of a brand new trailer. This is NOT something that the dealer told us. Here's the official warning from MORryde:

Attachment 22473

The fix: 1) take the front leveler controls OUT of the IN-comand system - you don't need it there, use the Level-Up controller for your levelers, 2) log out of In-command when you pocket your phone, and 3) before you do ANYTHING with the level of your trailer, check your doors and make sure they are in the correct position!

Hopefully, this will save someone from very expensive repairs. We love using these steps, but I'm not sure I would recommend them as a retro-fit.
Is there a reason why anyone would play with the auto-leveling system before putting the steps away? That's part of my departure checklist.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2014-2018)
itat is offline   Reply With Quote