Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #41
Tbos

Lawdog130, thanks for the specifics on your projects. The LED porch light just isn't enough and I really want to add a LED strip that can be controlled independently. The power strip sounds like it was pretty easy too.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #42
esmoglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog130 View Post
esmoglo, your back splash looks amazing! What did you use as an adhesive? I might do something like that to mine.
They are plastic tile sheets sold at Lows the back has adhesive. I cleaned the area with a degreaser not that it was necessary since my unit is new but I did it anyways. Once dry I installed the sheets using cardboard as a template. Once installed I used clear silicone to seal the edges up using blue painters tape so I did not get silicone all over the place.

Upgrades I have done so far are

All interior bulb's changed to LED's, cheep Chinese ones were garbage had purchased all my LED’s from m4products they are well worth the money.

Shower head was upgraded to an oxygenic’s

Bathroom faucet was also upgraded to a brushed unit matching the one in the kitchen that’s also has a brushed look.

Ordered an Atwood range hood for the stove should be here this week.

Installed a memory foam mattress toper (hope this works because it’s not comfy at all).

Installed one radius step cover on each set of stairs hoping to catch dirt before the kids enter.

Want to install a TV in the bedroom upfront still working on this trying to figure out how to do it. Seems that keystone says you can only place a TV in the cutout but every TV I have seen will not fit because the bases are way too large so you must hang it. I may take the wall unit apart to come up with a better mounting solution.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:58 PM   #43
lawdog130

back splash

Thank you for the info on the back splash esmoglo. My wife saw your photo and loved it so I guess I have a new project to do!

I replaced all my incandescent bulbs with LED's also and love them.

Is the Atwood hood you ordered different than the factory one? I ended up installing an exterior vent and connected it to the back of the existing hood. I couldn't stand cooking inside without the vent. Hated cutting a hole in the wall but it was worth it!

I also purchased a foam topper (4"). It really made a difference and I actually don't mind sleeping in a bit now.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
lawdog130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:09 AM   #44
lawdog130

Led strip

Tbos,

Since I wanted to be able to operate the LED strip and porch light independently I purchased a porch light with a built in on/off switch like the one on the front of the trailer. I then installed a small water proof rocker switch which I mounted on top of the porch light and wired that to control the LED strip. Now I just leave the porch light switch on the main control panel on and turn on/off which ever (or both) light I want with the switches on the porch light housing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0817.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	9687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	9688  

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #45
lawdog130

Power strip

Tbos,

Just a few pictures of the power strip installation. The most difficult part was snaking the very stiff power cord through the hole and up to the existing receptacle. Hope the pic's help!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0809.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	9690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0811.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	9691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0812.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	9692  

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-18-2015, 02:45 AM   #46
Tbos

Lawdog130, Thanks for the pictures. They definitely help. The mods look great. Noticed you have the wall paper stripe in your rig. Ours does not. Another minor difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2015, 05:59 AM   #47
lawdog130

Tbos,
Happy to help. That wall paper strip won't be around in the kitchen area come next summer as I'm going to put in a back splash similar to what esmoglo did.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #48
esmoglo

Quote:
Thank you for the info on the back splash esmoglo. My wife saw your photo and loved it so I guess I have a new project to do!

I replaced all my incandescent bulbs with LED's also and love them.

Is the Atwood hood you ordered different than the factory one? I ended up installing an exterior vent and connected it to the back of the existing hood. I couldn't stand cooking inside without the vent. Hated cutting a hole in the wall but it was worth it!

I also purchased a foam topper (4"). It really made a difference and I actually don't mind sleeping in a bit now.
Opps sorry I was referring to a burner cover see photos. Also purchased a no slip cutting board that can by installed on the top of the lid or on the burner grate for more cutting & prep surface area
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1035.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	9700   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1036.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	9701   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1038.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	9702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	9703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	9704  

Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #49
esmoglo

Faucet was replaced two times first one with the silver handles did not work handles hit the walls.

Second one with the plastic handles fits great!

Anyone wants the one with the silver handles you can have it for FREE just send a few bucks to cover shipping that's all I ask. This is new just installed it and removed because of the fit issue.

Next step is upgrading the speakers because they sound like mud.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	9705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	9706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1044.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	9707   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	9708   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1046.JPG
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	9709  

Old 11-18-2015, 06:10 PM   #50
esmoglo

Quote:
Tbos,

Since I wanted to be able to operate the LED strip and porch light independently I purchased a porch light with a built in on/off switch like the one on the front of the trailer. I then installed a small water proof rocker switch which I mounted on top of the porch light and wired that to control the LED strip. Now I just leave the porch light switch on the main control panel on and turn on/off which ever (or both) light I want with the switches on the porch light housing.
What LED kit did you purchase? You have all the power coming from external light? I was thinking on doing this the same exact way taping into the 12V source. I also see you installed a LED square type of bulb in the oval light.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #51
lawdog130

LED lights

esmoglo,

yes, both the porch light and the LED strip are powered by the single circuit supplied to the porch light. The porch light is a replacement to the original and came with the square LED bulb. It is not as bright as the original incandescent bulb but the LED strip makes up for any light shortcomings! I purchased the porch light, switch and LED strip through Amazon.com. Here are links to each item:

Switch:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s00

LED strip:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00

Porch light:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

The main reason I chose this LED strip was that in came with a channel to slide the light strip in. This way the LED strip itself is not permanently attached to the camper and I can replace it with a different color if I want to.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #52
lawdog130

Range cover

esmoglo,

I had a folding cover on my last camper and ended up taking it off as I had to move everything along the back of of the stove every time I used it. I ended up finding a nice oak cutting board that fit the range perfectly. I used my table saw to cut grooves in the bottom to match the burner grate.

Your black cutting board looks great. I think I saw a similar one on etrailer.com and am thinking about getting one next year.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #53
Tbos

Removed the battery for the winter last night. It turns out it was never attached to the frame. Just the strap and cables to hold it in place. Is this normal? My previous TT 238ML had it screwed in place.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #54
esmoglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Removed the battery for the winter last night. It turns out it was never attached to the frame. Just the strap and cables to hold it in place. Is this normal? My previous TT 238ML had it screwed in place.
Mine is the same strap holds the box down inside the rails no bolts or anything works just fine.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #55
esmoglo

New speakers are up! OMG are they better what an improvement for only $50 bucks well worth it. Covers are black not what I wanted but for better sound I am fine with it. Quite a few speakers wont work with the mounting setup on the RV these KICKERS fit well have plenty of mounting holes (other speakers I looked at did not have enough holes). I can not say enough about how much better the sound is this is a MUST upgrade. Got the speakers at Best Buy for $50 get a pair you wont regret it direct fit no issues. All you will have to do is use a different set of holes no drilling needed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FullSizeRender (5).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	9712  
Old 11-20-2015, 03:18 AM   #56
esmoglo

Quote:
esmoglo,

yes, both the porch light and the LED strip are powered by the single circuit supplied to the porch light. The porch light is a replacement to the original and came with the square LED bulb. It is not as bright as the original incandescent bulb but the LED strip makes up for any light shortcomings! I purchased the porch light, switch and LED strip through Amazon.com. Here are links to each item:

Switch:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s00

LED strip:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00

Porch light:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

The main reason I chose this LED strip was that in came with a channel to slide the light strip in. This way the LED strip itself is not permanently attached to the camper and I can replace it with a different color if I want to.

Thanks for posting all the links I may just copy your setup seems simple. 12Ft did you need to cut anything? It has 3M tape on the back of both parts?
Old 11-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #57
lawdog130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Mine was the same way. What's worse is that the dealer only had the strap around the case and cover so the only thing keeping it in place was the weight of the battery. I ended up moving it all the way to one side of the bracket and secured it with several self tapping screws. I then put the strap completely around the batter box and bracket.

For a bit of extra storage I bought another battery box from WalMart and mounted it to the extra space on the bracket. I now keep my hitch pins, sway controls pins and other small items in there so they are within easy reach when hooking/unhooking the camper. My drill with the socket for the stabilizer jacks also fits nicely in there.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #58
lawdog130

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Thanks for posting all the links I may just copy your setup seems simple. 12Ft did you need to cut anything? It has 3M tape on the back of both parts?
Esmoglo,
Yes, the mounting channel as well as the LED strip had adhesive backing on them. The hardest part of the whole mod was wiring the switches and making the hole for the extra switch. I ended up drawing myself a wiring diagram so I wouldn't have to think too much up on the ladder.

The channel that the strip slides into was a bit longer than the strip itself so I had to cut off a piece. You can shorten the LED strip if you want (instructions on how to do this came with the light) but I used all 12 feet.

FYI: The new porch light looks exactly like the old one but the mounting holes are slighlyt different as well as the lens. The new light came with an amber lens and a clear one too.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #59
lawdog130

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
New speakers are up! OMG are they better what an improvement for only $50 bucks well worth it. Covers are black not what I wanted but for better sound I am fine with it. Quite a few speakers wont work with the mounting setup on the RV these KICKERS fit well have plenty of mounting holes (other speakers I looked at did not have enough holes). I can not say enough about how much better the sound is this is a MUST upgrade. Got the speakers at Best Buy for $50 get a pair you wont regret it direct fit no issues. All you will have to do is use a different set of holes no drilling needed.
Wow, those Kickers must blow away the factory speakers. What size are they? I installed a Kicker component system in my truck and power them with a high power JVC receiver. Amazing!

I usually don't listen to music much in the camper but never thought about upgrading the speakers. Another project on the list! To bad the covers don't cover the speaker enough to paint them white.

2015 Passport 2810BH
2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 11-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #60
esmoglo

Quote:
Wow, those Kickers must blow away the factory speakers. What size are they? I installed a Kicker component system in my truck and power them with a high power JVC receiver. Amazing!

I usually don't listen to music much in the camper but never thought about upgrading the speakers. Another project on the list! To bad the covers don't cover the speaker enough to paint them white.
Yea kids watch movies and the stock ones sounded like mud so this is a welcome upgrade. Wife even noticed and she never notices when it comes to anything TV's and audio related.