Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #21
Irv gates

If you are having trouble with Inference with Led lts etc, If you can find the problem by turning off the power to the suspected device, Try checking all the relative grounds to the device and make sure they are tight or replace them. Ig
Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #22
Irv gates

If you have problems at every location you have cable, its looks like its your cabling or hookup. I it only happens once in a while it could point toward the camp sites cabling . As you cable channels go higher so does the Frequency. Problems in the lower area only points to poor cable quality or connections. Try another conn at another site if you can. IG
Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #23
Dave W

Irv - the SAT/cable connection is in the water convenience compartment. Hook up to that then go into the bedroom closet and turn the antenna booster off. I had the same problem with ours - until I finally found the booster hidden on the washer-dryer compartment ceiling and behind the door frame. Yours may not be there but a place to start.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #24
moodman

On my maiden voyage with my 2018 Montana HC 362RD, I discovered that the cable signal was strong in the front, medium in the middle and very weak in the rear den.

So, I went to Best Buy and bought a cable amplifier (about $30) It requires AC power, but it boosted the signal enough that I was able to get good cable signals in all the rooms.

The antenna signal was never a problem. I theorize that something is happening in the walls, like a bad splitter, weak connection, or something similar. Of course, I can't get in the walls, so no way to scope it out. For me, the easiest solution was the amp.

Considering whether I should send it in under warranty. It would be hard for a tech to duplicate the situation I encounter at a campground while in a shop. It seems they would have to dig into the walls to check every connection. Is it worth the trouble? Don't know...
Old 05-24-2018, 05:44 PM   #25
JimSchwenk

At least you found your booster. We never talked about TV on our walk through at the dealer. We had a Dutchman camper and the antenna extended and rotated, and there was a booster switch. It was decent.
We "upgraded" to a new 2016 Keystone Campfire and to this day have not been able to find the booster, nor is there any indication that the antenna raises or rotates. Tv reception is non-existent. There are satellite and cable connections outside and inside, so I rigged up a cheap antenna which I keep at the campground it's parked at. But the TV (and FM) absolutely are pretty useless. Nobody at the dealer can tell us where the booster switch might be, nor why the antenna on the roof has no crank anywhere to be found.
Did you look here? Did you look there? I've looked everywhere, even in the outside kitchen. 2 TV's, big disappointment.
JimSchwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:14 AM   #26
moodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSchwenk View Post
Nobody at the dealer can tell us where the booster switch might be, nor why the antenna on the roof has no crank anywhere to be found.
Did you look here? Did you look there? I've looked everywhere, even in the outside kitchen. 2 TV's, big disappointment.
My previous RV had the booster inside the antenna on the roof. That is why there was no crank. The antenna was omnidirectional and didn't have to be aimed.

My hunch is that the power being sent to the rooftop antenna is somehow not being sent. Either that, or the booster in the antenna is bad. One other thing to check would be the connection right at the antenna. To check it would require you to go on the roof and pull the antenna. Inspect it closely. After you take it off the roof, use a multimeter to check the voltages being supplied. If you have a length of coax, hook it directly to the antenna's output and then to a TV. If you don't get a signal, then you have proven it's the antenna.
Good luck
Old 05-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #27
JimSchwenk

I'll be doing just that. Thanks. It's never been a big irritation because only in bad weather do I think about even watching TV. I camp to get away from that kind of thing. But I still sometimes like to check out the weather while having my coffee in the morning.
JimSchwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:39 PM   #28
DOWva

I agree go back to tv setup and re scan the channels

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #29
Irv gates

Dave... My dish requires a direct conn for the power side of it and the Rf. I couldnt get a clean short conn through any of the cables in the Hose conn area. Only the bedroom was good. all three conn in the the storage area that were labeled didnt mention Sat hookup for the lounge area. Dealer wasnt any help. Another friend ran the separate cable for his Direct Tv because he couldnt find any conn that would work. Thanks Irv
Old 05-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #30
cal

A quick way to eliminate a question of your coaxial wiring in the RV, is to run a coax cable from the back of your TV directly to the cable supply pedestal at your campsite. You can then go to setup on your TV, select cable input and scan for channels.

If you still are not receiving clear channels I would suspect you have a setting on your TV setup menu that isn't correct. If you do receive the channels reconnect the RV and see if it still works.
cal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, cable