Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #21
Claudius

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnitba View Post
I noticed that many if the new Cougar floorplans offer a king-size bed but as you start looking at older models they seem nonexistent. Could someone tell me what year they started adding king-size beds or provide any additional info? We are looking at travel trailers, no bunks. Thanks!
King sixe beds were added so your wife can have even a harder time making the bed. Queen size little room from the side to reach the the top to make the bed. King size even less. If she is around 5'-5'4" tall she be cursing it...lol
Claudius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #22
MarkEHansen

"trailer" queen beds are very cramped for us larger individuals - FYI
MarkEHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #23
Dadmech

We're already looking for a replacement "king" mattress in our Hideout. Had it since May and even with turning and flipping it, there are divots where we lay! Just a crappy mattress. Looking around to find a good mattress as we live here from March to the end of November. As it has been stated, I'll measure the wood base myself. We won't have the DW use her "feet" measure sticks! LOL
U. S. Army Vet. 1972 - 1979
Dadmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #24
CLINTONTB

"king size bed?"

We purchased a '18 22RBS at a camper show last year. We weren't really happy with the mattress length so I added an 1 1/2" memory foam topper to our "king" bed. I turned the topper sideways to get one dimension to fit. Then I trimmed the width to fit. I then took the trimmed piece, pulled the mattress down, put the trimmed piece at the head of the bed after cutting it to fit. Then made an 8" extension to the foot of the bed. VOILA! Full size king bed! What a difference! I'm 5'9" and I barely fit on the factory king bed. Now we have plenty of room. Good luck in your search!
CLINTONTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadmech View Post
We're already looking for a replacement "king" mattress in our Hideout. Had it since May and even with turning and flipping it, there are divots where we lay! Just a crappy mattress. Looking around to find a good mattress as we live here from March to the end of November. As it has been stated, I'll measure the wood base myself. We won't have the DW use her "feet" measure sticks! LOL
Look online for rv mattresses, they have exact rv size memory foams that are very comfortable at reasonable prices, much better than the way OVERpriced mattress stores.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #26
Carrottop

King size bed

We have a 2017 Passport 2510GT Grand Touring. In the brochure it states a queen bed but ours has a full size 76x80 king. We added a 3 inch memory foam topper and it holding up great. I agree though there is not much room on either side of the bed. The DW is only 5'2" and I had to put a stool on her side so she can get up on the bed. I prefer to give up the space on the sides for the comfort of a full size king. Not sure why mine came with the king, I am assuming it was an option the dealer selected when they ordered the unit. You can see from the photo when the unit was new that there is very little space on either side. The quality of the mattress seems good though and is a pillowtop.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	19479Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	19480
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
JackTyniec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
We were looking at trailers with king beds (which we have at home) until the DW noticed how tight the walk around was.. now we're asking if we can order the trailer with a queen.
When we were shopping in the spring of 2018 we were told that only king beds were being offered.
JackTyniec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed