Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #1
ronheater70

First trip New 369BHS

First trip out, Long Weekend Thursday - Sunday. Nervous about the technology.
Short of it, everything worked as designed, and zero issues. Once I had questions answered here about the HW heater, It was simple.

SO the Air conditioners / Racetrack System worked extremely well. Was 95 when arrived on Thursday according to my Truck outside temp reading. Fri was 91, Saturday was 94.. So pretty warm. Camper had direct sunlight on the roof and front cap, and part of each side depending on time of day. I was able to keep it Mid 70's inside with little issue. The only issue I had was learning how to properly use both AC's in unison. When it was at the hottest point of the day the front uit didnt want to run because the bedroom had already cooled suffeciently so it was all on the rear unit to try and keep up. It still kept it within 5 degrees of thermostat sitting which is pretty admirable I thought for a 40 foot camper. So once I turned the front unit down about 4 degreees cooler than the rear, the front kicked on and it quickly dropped the temperature to thermostat sitting.
A few questionable items about Keystone thinking. The rear zone thermositor is mounted so that if the rear bunkhouse door is open, it is blocks the air from getting to the thermositor. Fellt a lot of cool air in the front storage, I will be putting covers on all vents and plugging the large hole for the piping under the bathroom sink. But in short we were extremely pleased.

The In-command worked flawlessly, wish it had a bigger screen.
No leaks to speak of.
Very happy.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for the update and remedies to the situations you encountered. Glad you had a good trip....the first of many more I hope.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote