Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Rich&Judy

Mountaineer 295RKD No Remote

Tried to take delivery of our 2014 Mountaineer 295RKD. I asked where the Gen II Easy Set Remote was located. Oops, it didn't have it. I thought all the Mountaineer's had it. So did the dealer. They are installing it this week at their expense. Anyone else heard of this?
Rich&Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Judy View Post
Tried to take delivery of our 2014 Mountaineer 295RKD. I asked where the Gen II Easy Set Remote was located. Oops, it didn't have it. I thought all the Mountaineer's had it. So did the dealer. They are installing it this week at their expense. Anyone else heard of this?
They are being discontinued due to numerous issues. The wires aren't there for the install so if the dealer is going to do it it's going to be a very large chore.

I would not be surprised if you got a call from them saying that they aren't going to be able to do.

2013 Mountaineer 346 LBQ

If no one from the future comes to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
KanTC

It's no longer listed as a feature on the current Mountaineer line-up... not that I could find.

http://www.keystonerv.com/mountaineer/#/features

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
WaltBennett

"They are being discontinued due to numerous issues." The biggest one being cost savings for Keystone most likely. They've also discontinued fresh water fill ports, coach remotes and lots of other things on many models. Kind of happy I've got a slightly older one.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Rich&Judy

I talked to Keystone and they looked up the VIN # and said it was ordered w/o the remote feature. They said they can be and are installed by the dealers all the time. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks
Rich&Judy is offline   Reply With Quote