Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Full-timers & Snowbirds
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #21
Qwerty

As the originator of this thread I'd just like to say that my intentions were to simply give a shout-out to all those (hundreds) of campers who've had their holidays ruined.

Hornet 26RBS
Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Magnum
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #22
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Chip, there is nothing in the previous thread that would warrant closing it IMO. If your comment is about my post about this being political; I commented on one sentence in one post....the OP, I'm sure, never meant it to be political but it was, again, IMO. Nothing has gone sideways since then.

I think, from my participation on this forum for years, that most folks want to be able to voice their opinion about most anything - to the benefit of us all. At times a comment may cross the line of what one of us may view as "political", "religious", etc. - some just go down the road; I mention them - but not to start fights or close threads.
Nope, never even connected the two. Just wanted to let all know that expressing your opinion was ok and welcome. The mods do not have short fuses and are glad when discussion happens and stays reasonable. Just wanted those who may wonder, that one was no where near being discussed about bad behavior. It would be great if they all went this well.

As said above, carry on.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
As the originator of this thread I'd just like to say that my intentions were to simply give a shout-out to all those (hundreds) of campers who've had their holidays ruined.

Personally I read the post and think it was right - folks knowing the impact of the shutdown is very important, to me, for those trying to use federal locations. IMO we had one post that went over the bounds of talking RVs and moved to ;

"I guess they don't want people to find out how many unnecessary employees there really are …". I think the comment was just not thought through.

Whether I agree or disagree with that is irrelevant - that's really not what you want to talk about when we are discussing how our RVs operate, how fun they are, or problems etc.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

RV’s are fun?? Oh yeah, I forgot, they are when you using them. Not so much when your working on them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
RV’s are fun?? Oh yeah, I forgot, they are when you using them. Not so much when your working on them.
You are SO right! We, like most I'm sure, do everything we can while the RV is "sitting" to keep it up to snuff for the next trip. When we travel and have fun you just have fun - generally, unless something breaks. For us it is a LOVE, love a little less, relationship depending on what's going on.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #26
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Chuckster: I know where you're coming from with that, being a service tech, but personally, I like tinkering on my rig.
So far (fingers crossed) it hasn't ventured into major repairs territory, or significant renovations like my S&B.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:08 AM   #27
roadglide

I have social media for venting about politics. There are private areas around BLM where water and dumps for 10 dollars . The lines for BLM dump stations are backed for some distance a good number of high end rv will only boondock one or two weeks a year and it's for quartzsite rally .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #28
AbbyinTN

I am reading conflicting information in regards to the Corp of Engineer campgrounds in Tennessee. Although they do not open until Mid-March, I read that the parks were fully funded through fiscal 2019. Anybody know if this is true or will the campgrounds not open as intended? Thank you.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:12 PM   #29
Qwerty

The Fort Pickens campground (the ACoE site that I referenced in my original post) is closed because it is situated inside the entrance to The Gulf Islands National Seashore site.

I believe all other ACoE campsites are operational as normal. If they're not, their website will tell you so.

Hornet 26RBS
Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Magnum
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #30
KCSA75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyinTN View Post
I am reading conflicting information in regards to the Corp of Engineer campgrounds in Tennessee. Although they do not open until Mid-March, I read that the parks were fully funded through fiscal 2019. Anybody know if this is true or will the campgrounds not open as intended? Thank you.
Let's hope those yahoos in Washington get their act together and get this resolved long before March.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller
KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote