Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
ptooti

Getting ready for maiden voyage

Passport Elite 19RB - We were getting the camper ready today de-winterizing filled the freshwater tank only to find water pissing out everywhere after much checking the lines were good the pump held pressure but on further investigation it was found that during the manufacturing process, personnel had drilled and screwed up through the tank, wonderful! quality control went out the window we have onsite warrant and the tech showed up they are coming back tomorrow with a plan ...geez
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5h...ew?usp=sharing

and here is the source they drilled a hole through the fresh tank and it ran down the frame and out the back

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FUj...ew?usp=sharing
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
busterbrown

I'm surprised this wasn't discovered during your dealer's PDI. My dealer filled up the fresh tank completely prior to my arrival and drained it (and winterized the coach) after my 3 hour walkthrough.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:29 AM   #3
ptooti

exactly we got a brisk walk around and they slammed on our equalizer hitch any old way so we are setting that up our selves as soon as the tank is fixed we took delivery in November and it was cold but that is no excuse they had it a week before we came to pick it up....not impressed I also looked at the hot water tank wiring and all the wires with the rubber boots were hooked on upside down so if moisture ever gets in it will stay trapped in there I turned them all around so the opening is pointing down to allow drainage. you would think keystone would give their people and their reps some on the job training
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
busterbrown

Unlike the automotive industry, RV dealers are much less "linked" to the manufacturers they sell. Finding a good one that provides proper quality control before the sale and satisfactory customer service after the purchase can be a challenge. Because RV makers are building more units today than every before, it's left up to the dealer to provide a high standard of quality checks before these coaches are picked up by the customer. A good RV dealer should complete a thorough inspection (PDI) prior to the customer's delivery date. When the customer arrives, then the formal walkthrough begins. A good dealer will provide ample time for the customer to ask questions, inspect, and ask some more questions.

Unfortunately in recent months (and years), your story is becoming more replicated. Much has to do with the shear number of RV's being built today. Blame the economy on that.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaking, leaks