Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
C424

BAL stabilizer bar

I have the electric stabilizer jacks on my Springdale. I called the manufacturer of the BAL stabilizer bars and they said they will work with these but I will need a bracket, they don’t sell the bracket and don’t know where I can get it. Anyone have any ideas on what they are talking about?

Second question is do the x chock help with the trailer movement or are they just for chocking the tires? Any reason to have both?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, the bracket that's required with the BAL stabilizer system is used to attach the bar end to the lower part of the electric stabilizing jack. You can do the same thing with a 1/4" hole drilled in the attachment where the jack foot attaches to the jack ram/scissors components. Adapting BAL stabilizer bars to any jack system is relatively simple and many require a bit of "thinking" about how to attach them. I'm speculating when I say this, but the reason there's no specific part available is because it's a common hardware item or a personally made adapter and not a "hard to manufacture specific component"....

As for X-Chocks. they ONLY stop axles from rolling fore/aft. They do NOTHING to stop the up/down spring action which causes the trailer floor to bounce when walking inside. Some people use them to chock their trailer, but once you buy them and use them, you'll see that they loosen with use and are a poor way to chock your trailer against rolling on an incline. I'd strongly urge you to use wheel chocks even if you install X-Chocks between your wheels.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #3
C424

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
First, the bracket that's required with the BAL stabilizer system is used to attach the bar end to the lower part of the electric stabilizing jack. You can do the same thing with a 1/4" hole drilled in the attachment where the jack foot attaches to the jack ram/scissors components. Adapting BAL stabilizer bars to any jack system is relatively simple and many require a bit of "thinking" about how to attach them. I'm speculating when I say this, but the reason there's no specific part available is because it's a common hardware item or a personally made adapter and not a "hard to manufacture specific component"....

As for X-Chocks. they ONLY stop axles from rolling fore/aft. They do NOTHING to stop the up/down spring action which causes the trailer floor to bounce when walking inside. Some people use them to chock their trailer, but once you buy them and use them, you'll see that they loosen with use and are a poor way to chock your trailer against rolling on an incline. I'd strongly urge you to use wheel chocks even if you install X-Chocks between your wheels.

Great thank you for your help. I was guessing a simple modification I can do myself would be the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk