Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 05:11 AM   #1
zuley

Pass Through Access Door

Looking as my 13 Elite 23RB this past weekend I noticed my pass through access door on the front left hand side of the camper was punky on the inside. No other damage on the inside of the storage compartment. Obviously water is getting in probably around the seal. Not the issue at this point. Has anyone ever replaced one of these door and where were you able to purchase it. The door is white and measure 29 x 15 inches. Looking online this morning could not come up with anything specific. I emailed our dealer but hoping someone out there has a faster least expensive solution. We live in Guelph, Ontario Canada.

Thank you.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have access to an US side address, Trekwood may have a better price. Otherwise, in Canada, it's probably going to be a dealer supplied item. I'm not aware of any "RV door dealers" or places that carry them at discounted prices anywhere in Canada.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:45 AM   #3
zuley

Thanks John.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:00 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

zuley,

Have you considered rebuilding the existing door? If the exterior panel and the trim/mounting flange are in good condition, you can probably find some 3/4" foam with the fiberglass outer surface at an insulation center ??? Otherwise, some 1/2" or 3/4" foam and a sheet of heavy plastic (think cheap kid's plastic sled) and you might be able to salvage the existing door.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
wiredgeorge

I buggered a door on another trailer (front one on a 5ver) and boy, they are dear from the RV manufacturer. The reason you got water in there in the first place is that likely the door is under a downspout on your roof edge gutter and a longer downspout would likely keep water from drooling down the side of your trailer. You may also want to make sure your gutters are not full of tree droppings that plug them and cause water to come over the side and down around your pass through door. You can probably carefully bend back the metal rim around the door after fixing the cause for the problem and put a piece of 1/4" plywood, cut to shape, in the frame.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote