Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
CrazyCain

the annual question of winter storage of tires

Been reading for days on here and everywhere and have not got a satisfying answer, just more confusion.. So here it goes, I keep my trailer on a cement pad at the storage CG Up North Michigan during thewinter Last year i just parked it on the bare cement and covered the OEM tires with Black tire covers. SO here is the annual question: Put tires on wood? Cover tires white or black?? what what shall i do! Enough confusion to join my "Trailer spirits" this winter in the trailer for a nip or two!!!

Note: I bought new tires in the spring so dont know how OEM'S held out during the winter..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
buzzcop63

First tire set were OEM D rated Power Kings, not exactly noted for their high quality. I kept the tires covered and the unit parked in a storage lot in Beaverton OR on asphalt as well as keeping the PSI 10% over the stock 65psi during the winter. Our weather is a lot of rain and we had a few heavy snowstorms, like 8", which hung around for a couple of weeks. After 6 years I put on the new Goodyear Endurance E rated tires, the old OEM tires looked perfect and maintained pressure, these tires had a lot of reserve load capacity vs the weight of my trailer, which is why I believe they gave me no problems.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Check out this article, it should help with some of your questions. https://www.google.com/amp/www.roada...s-this-winter/

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, tires, winter