Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #31
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
This guy tried it. Dealer said 'bag it' and you'll be fine. I took this pic when I was picking up a TT for my son. The guy standing at the Jeeps door was my PDI guy. he told me the Jeep guy was getting ready to head to CA. I was in Portland Oregon at the time of the photo.
Wow ... pretty much sums it up!

DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #32
C.LeeNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
This guy tried it. Dealer said 'bag it' and you'll be fine. I took this pic when I was picking up a TT for my son. The guy standing at the Jeeps door was my PDI guy. he told me the Jeep guy was getting ready to head to CA. I was in Portland Oregon at the time of the photo.
Without arguing "yay" or "nay" for that particular combo, in that case, it looks to me that the dealer doesn't have the hitch set up properly. Considering the slide is still out, perhaps they weren't done with setup and hopefully got him straightened out.

When I left the dealer with my 24' Passport behind my 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland, it was level. When I got home and filled the fresh water tank, it sagged. I raised the torsion bar brackets on the trailer frame a couple of bolt holes, leveled it right out again.

C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #33
goducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.LeeNick View Post
Without arguing "yay" or "nay" for that particular combo, in that case, it looks to me that the dealer doesn't have the hitch set up properly. Considering the slide is still out, perhaps they weren't done with setup and hopefully got him straightened out.

When I left the dealer with my 24' Passport behind my 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland, it was level. When I got home and filled the fresh water tank, it sagged. I raised the torsion bar brackets on the trailer frame a couple of bolt holes, leveled it right out again.
The slide was out cause the driver was doing a PDI as well. They were working on the hitch while I was doing the PDI for my son. Yeah maybe they got it fixed but I doubt it. When I talked to the dealer PDI guy he said that the guys doing the hitch setup told the Jeep guy that Jeeps are soft and he needed bags. The PDI guy told me that the driver was leaving that day for CA. I'm guessing that they tweeked it a little more and sent him on his way.

goducks is offline   Reply With Quote