Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #11
RickSidebottom

Our 2018 Hideout 28RKS has 2 grey water tanks, the black water tank + the fresh water tank. The grey tank for the shower and the black water tank are plumbed to the same drain location and and have separate valves. The grey water tanks for the kitchen has its own drain valve and sewer connection. Yes, you have to dump twice or have a wye connection and 2 hoses. That fresh water tanks has its drain tucked up out of the way and right at the corplast bottom cover. All of the waste water drains are on the same side of the trailer.

RickSidebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #12
MVBrown

So I have to have a Y connector to flush the Grey water tanks? I think I'll buy a gate like I had on my Jayco 265RLS. Then I can always see if that second tank is full without having to Un-Cap a tube full of Grey water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Pipes.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	15302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_Grey_Grey.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	15303  

MVBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #13
24vctd

We had a 15 rli when we were parked for any length of time I put a short hose on each of the pipes black and gray and hooked them both to a Y valve then to a line to the sewer dump. Both grey tanks dump through one valve,yep thatís how keystone does it,you just do them like this or one at a time.it should be one hookup and two valves,black and grey.its dumb.
24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #14
MVBrown

Okay so this weekend was the maiden voyage of the 2018 Cougar 32RLI. What I found is that the Black tank flushes out of the left pipe, and the two (2) grey tanks flush out of the right pipe. The handles control each pipe separately.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:59 AM   #15
gatordad

The 2 grey water tanks drain through the single grey water discharge pipe and one valve. The black water tank has one valve and drains when valve on left is opened.
gatordad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #16
WNY Bullet

My 2015 Bullet Premier only has one discharge, but it has two separate gray valves and a black valve. Three tanks, three valves and one discharge!

Did Keystone stop doing this or is it model dependent?

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #17
RETAFCHIEF

I asked about this during my walk-around on Friday and had two dealer people scratching their heads. One insisted there was a third valve, but he couldn't find it. The other just said he "guessed" there were two tanks connected together. I emailed Keystone to see if anyone knows. I hope the person that installed the tanks and valves didn't retire or nobody will know.
RETAFCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #18
MVBrown

I know for my 2018 Cougar there is just 1 valve for the grey tanks. I'm kind of glad for this. I was used to one outlet on my Jayco 265RLS, and two handles before.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #19
RETAFCHIEF

I liked the 2 valves on our Flagstaff 26RKS as I have a 42 gallon Barker tank. With 60 gallons of gray I'll have to dump more often when dry camping. There are advantages to both I guess.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #20
RETAFCHIEF

I contacted the Keystone factory and got a quick reply: "Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Your Cougar has one valve to pull to empty both gray tanks:. I guess they saved $5.00.

Tags
cougar, keystone, tank