Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #11
Tafakot

Orig. Poster

So far, your ideas are making sense, however, with a toyhauler...theres another half bath in the "garage" area and a separate "dual holding tank (black/gray).
The "pipage" is long from both ends and gather mid rig to the final exit point.
Figuring out which is which, isn't hard to do, its more about access.
Interestingly, the valves are not even close to being in line with cables which cause uneven pulling.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas

Tafakot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Tanks on both ends of a trailer is definitely not exclusive to toyhaulers with an extra half bath. The contents (black and gray) may be different, but my Cougar XLite has the galley tank in the back with the black and bathroom gray tanks in the front. There's "pipeage" to the center from both ends, very similar to your arrangement. I've no idea how long the Bowden cables are on my tanks, but I'd guess they are 3'+ on the front two and the back is a 18" solid rod. The two valves with Bowden cables are "not in line with the handles" and the one valve that is "in line with the handle" has a solid rod actuator.

There's nothing "exclusively different" in your tank arrangement (other than contents of the tank) and my Cougar. They all "work the same way, regardless of tank location and "distant tanks" are very common.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #13
ctbruce
Site Team

First check if they are moving freely and closing correctly. Then look at your cables and see if the need to be anchored down a little to restore leverage to the system. If your cable is flopping it might not have enough oomph to close well. Lubing them would also be a good idea.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #14
huhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafakot View Post
So far, your ideas are making sense, however, with a toyhauler...theres another half bath in the "garage" area and a separate "dual holding tank (black/gray).
The "pipage" is long from both ends and gather mid rig to the final exit point.
Figuring out which is which, isn't hard to do, its more about access.
Interestingly, the valves are not even close to being in line with cables which cause uneven pulling.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas
I have a Fuzion with the 2nd bath by the garage. That 2nd toilet drops right down into the galley tank so as soon as someone does their business in the 2nd toilet it turns the galley grey tank into a black tank. I really wish Keystoned would stop hiring their employees from under bridges. Shame on you Keystoned.
See also: Wizard, Magician.

2012 Fuzion 405
huhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #15
Phil Saran

Ive got a new 2019 Keystone Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel trailer and the black and the one grey tank releases are miss marked.
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:00 PM   #16
Irv gates

Rinse the tank with soap and water, Drop the pan under it and you should be good to go. My last trailer I didnt drop the tank, because I had access to the valve on the side of the tank. Hope yours is that easy also. Happy trails

Irv gates is offline   Reply With Quote