Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Soundchaser

Rear thermostat blows fuse

I have a 2012 Fuzion 310 toyhauler. It has two thermostats and two a/c units. The fuse in the garage thermostat (the actual thermostat, not on the panel) blows on the second thermostat whenever I try to run the heater. The heater works fine on the first unit, and the A/C and fans work on both units. It is only when I try to run the heater on the second thermostat that it blows the fuse. (and the front unit continues to run fine) I bought the unit used and did not check the rear thermostat for heating so I don't know if this is a new problem or not.

I figure I have a short to ground but have a couple of questions. I assume the wiring from the first and second thermostat terminate at the same place on the furnace, so shouldn't the second first thermostat shut off when the second does. Also, both thermostats look exactly the same, but the fuse in the rear thermostat is a different size (shorter in length) with a slightly lower rating. The fuse holder is shorter, it is not because an incorrect fuse was used.

Thanks!
Soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse