Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #21
Wingerdinger

LeeB43, I have a slide out under my awning as well, and there is so little room for a topper, that it would be impractical. It would actually bulge the awning.
Most of the time, even in all but the heaviest wind, I leave the awning out just enough to cover the slide-out. In mine, it's the kitchen, so it's short, maybe 16-18", so the awning isn't out much. If I camp in the woods and things collect on the awning, I use a broom from the ground to sweep it off the edge as we (I enlist the Significant Other) I roll it up. No need to get on a ladder.
I do the same for my topper on the other side, as the slope on the topper awning is so slight, it collects everything, including water, if I don't add a `double pool noodle` (my STD) in between.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out