Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
That Girl Racing

Fuzion 405 Generator Issues

Hi everyone. New to the site and new to this kind of trailer. Our 5500 Onan in our 405 shuts off after about 8 hours of running. Seems to get very hot. It is flashing a #36 code which is very vague in the manual. It will start up after it cools off. Anyone run with the trailer access hatch open. I am not talking about the generators door. I realize that must be kept closed. Anyone else have this issue? Peter
That Girl Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
randy69

Generator shutting off

I have a onan 5500 doing the same thing. Took it to the dealer and of coarse it worked fine. What happens we go out to the desert. It's hot and the generator runs 5 or 6 hours both airs and tv on. Then shuts off intermittenly. The genereator motor will start, But as soon as the power comes on it shuts down. Let it sit for couple of hours I'am back in business. I did alot of investigation and a onan service man told me to change the shutdown solnoid that is located just below the altude adjustment. And if it happens after that pull the wire on the oil pressure sensor to see if it stays running. One or the other could be bad. By the way oil level is ok. I'm just trying to trouble shoot.
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
That Girl Racing

I was at a race this weekend and of course the gennie shutdown after 5 hours. The temp was in the high nineties and I had both air conditioners running. Another race team with the same unit came by while I was trying to cool it off and said he had the same issue. He told me to hook a 10 amp charger to the trailer battery while it was running. I was very sceptical but tried it anyway. Ran flawlessly for 18 hours straight after that! We are away this weekend and will try it again. BTW. I was having no issues with the battery going dead. Peter
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
randy69

10 amp charger

I have question , if the gen won't stay on how does battery charger work?
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
That Girl Racing

It always starts back up after it cools for a while. Problem is it would run for a while then shut down.