Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
Jared32rli

2018 Keystone cougar 32rli grey tank valve

Traded in my jayco jay flight 24FBS lad week for a 2018 cougar 32rli... love the upgrade but I can't find the valve for grey tank one...

On the side of the trailer there's 3 stickers one says black tank and two say grey tank and there all next to each other... I have two pipes coming down to attach hoses to but I can only find two valve handles to pull. One I'm pretty sure is black and the other is grey 2

Anyone here with the same model that can point me in the right direction? I have rad post about by the tires on some models but I'm just not seeing anything at all?.?
Jared32rli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:27 AM   #2
DocP

I have the 32RLI on order (due in on 2/28/18), so I cannot help you based on personal experience. I did, however, watch a video that says that the valve is "tucked up there" and "you do have to get down there to grab that one". Here is a link to the video:

The narrator is pointing to the black and grey valves at 16:47 into the video. Hope this helps.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 AM   #3
notanlines

Keep in mind that any number of RV's only have one valve to cover both grey tanks. I also have no experience in your particular unit, but RV manufacturers don't just change things yearly, they change by the minute.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #4
MVBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared32rli View Post
Traded in my jayco jay flight 24FBS lad week for a 2018 cougar 32rli... love the upgrade but I can't find the valve for grey tank one...

On the side of the trailer there's 3 stickers one says black tank and two say grey tank and there all next to each other... I have two pipes coming down to attach hoses to but I can only find two valve handles to pull. One I'm pretty sure is black and the other is grey 2

Anyone here with the same model that can point me in the right direction? I have rad post about by the tires on some models but I'm just not seeing anything at all?.?
I too have a brand new 2018 32RLI that was just delivered. What Jared32rli is talking about (I believe) is not the location of the valves, but rather the fact that there are actually two (2) lines coming out of the RV for flushing. I believe that the second line is for Potable water flushing. It would make no sense (hopefully) to have to switch hoses during black and grey tank flushing. The Grey valve is close to the tank, but the Black valve is under the skirt a little higher up on the frame. The second flush (tube) is a mystery, but as I said. I believe this is for Portable water. I will follow up as soon as I find out this week.
MVBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:25 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Never heard of one having a gray tank flush port, only black tank flush. After looking at the video, there is only one flush connection on the left in the box, the connection on the right is for the fresh water connection, being either city water or using the tank valve above the connection, for filling the fresh water tank. The 2 lines , red and blue, you see below the RV between the 2 black drain pipes are your low point drains for hot and cold water. Before using your RV if your not sure which pull handle does what, open both valves after removing caps to get water out of your tanks, close valves and then pour a couple gal of water into the toilet, pull one valve open and see where the water comes from, then try other valve. repeat the process for shower and kitchen sink. That should tell you where everything is draining to. Had to find out the hard way on my rv after having a pipe full of fortunately only gray water come at me on my second drain pipe.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:52 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'm with Tinner on This one. A grey tank flush would be truly unique. I read the same posts and saw this as stickers for approximate locations of valve handles. Looking for my Orville Redenbocker's Extra Butter Paula Deen Style.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
travelin texans

I believe his referral to "flushing" is actually the sewer hose connection, at least that's the way I'm reading it.
Still confused though as I never seen a fresh water drain with a sewer hose connection, talk about a mess & an accident waiting to happen. If it were me & this is the case I would not connect my sewer hose to it, but get a dedicated hose so no fresh water contamination could happen.
Not familiar with his flloorplan, but if there's a sink, kitchen, bath or shower, in the front of the rv & one in the rear, two tanks with two drains makes sense.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
MVBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
Never heard of one having a gray tank flush port, only black tank flush. After looking at the video, there is only one flush connection on the left in the box, the connection on the right is for the fresh water connection, being either city water or using the tank valve above the connection, for filling the fresh water tank. The 2 lines , red and blue, you see below the RV between the 2 black drain pipes are your low point drains for hot and cold water. Before using your RV if your not sure which pull handle does what, open both valves after removing caps to get water out of your tanks, close valves and then pour a couple gal of water into the toilet, pull one valve open and see where the water comes from, then try other valve. repeat the process for shower and kitchen sink. That should tell you where everything is draining to. Had to find out the hard way on my rv after having a pipe full of fortunately only gray water come at me on my second drain pipe.
Sorry, but we are not talking about the ports (City/Potable/Black Flush). We are talking about the fact that two (2) physical 4" pipes are coming out of the underside of the RV. One handles Black and Grey Tank with associated valves (handles), but the other is just this "thing" that is there...
Old 02-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #9
MVBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I believe his referral to "flushing" is actually the sewer hose connection, at least that's the way I'm reading it.
Still confused though as I never seen a fresh water drain with a sewer hose connection, talk about a mess & an accident waiting to happen. If it were me & this is the case I would not connect my sewer hose to it, but get a dedicated hose so no fresh water contamination could happen.
Not familiar with his flloorplan, but if there's a sink, kitchen, bath or shower, in the front of the rv & one in the rear, two tanks with two drains makes sense.
Yes a mess is exactly what I was thinking as well., and Thanks to everyone on this post for the great advice and feedback. It's a little cold down here in SA today, but I'm going to run down and take some picture to post. That will get everyone on the same page.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #10
edwprr

I have a 2016 Cougar 30RLI,and I also have 2 greywater tanks,and 1 black tank.There is only 1 handle for the 2 grey tanks,and one for the black.
edwprr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #11
RickSidebottom

Our 2018 Hideout 28RKS has 2 grey water tanks, the black water tank + the fresh water tank. The grey tank for the shower and the black water tank are plumbed to the same drain location and and have separate valves. The grey water tanks for the kitchen has its own drain valve and sewer connection. Yes, you have to dump twice or have a wye connection and 2 hoses. That fresh water tanks has its drain tucked up out of the way and right at the corplast bottom cover. All of the waste water drains are on the same side of the trailer.
RickSidebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #12
MVBrown

So I have to have a Y connector to flush the Grey water tanks? I think I'll buy a gate like I had on my Jayco 265RLS. Then I can always see if that second tank is full without having to Un-Cap a tube full of Grey water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Pipes.jpg
Views:	3653
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	15302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black_Grey_Grey.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	15303  
Old 02-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
24vctd

We had a 15 rli when we were parked for any length of time I put a short hose on each of the pipes black and gray and hooked them both to a Y valve then to a line to the sewer dump. Both grey tanks dump through one valve,yep that’s how keystone does it,you just do them like this or one at a time.it should be one hookup and two valves,black and grey.its dumb.
24vctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #14
MVBrown

Okay so this weekend was the maiden voyage of the 2018 Cougar 32RLI. What I found is that the Black tank flushes out of the left pipe, and the two (2) grey tanks flush out of the right pipe. The handles control each pipe separately.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 AM   #15
gatordad

The 2 grey water tanks drain through the single grey water discharge pipe and one valve. The black water tank has one valve and drains when valve on left is opened.
gatordad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #16
WNY Bullet

My 2015 Bullet Premier only has one discharge, but it has two separate gray valves and a black valve. Three tanks, three valves and one discharge!

Did Keystone stop doing this or is it model dependent?

2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #17
RETAFCHIEF

I asked about this during my walk-around on Friday and had two dealer people scratching their heads. One insisted there was a third valve, but he couldn't find it. The other just said he "guessed" there were two tanks connected together. I emailed Keystone to see if anyone knows. I hope the person that installed the tanks and valves didn't retire or nobody will know.
RETAFCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #18
MVBrown

I know for my 2018 Cougar there is just 1 valve for the grey tanks. I'm kind of glad for this. I was used to one outlet on my Jayco 265RLS, and two handles before.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #19
RETAFCHIEF

I liked the 2 valves on our Flagstaff 26RKS as I have a 42 gallon Barker tank. With 60 gallons of gray I'll have to dump more often when dry camping. There are advantages to both I guess.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #20
RETAFCHIEF

I contacted the Keystone factory and got a quick reply: "Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Your Cougar has one valve to pull to empty both gray tanks:. I guess they saved $5.00.

Tags
cougar, keystone, tank