Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
shaner

Passport 2920BH - TV mount for bedroom

Looking to see if anyone has installed a TV in the front bedroom on one of these trailers. The bedroom has the sliding doors that close over the cut out spot for the TV, so the mount will need to be very low profile. I bought a mount I thought might work but it wasn't even close.

There's also absolutely no studs of any kind in this spot, there's just the thin board between the bedroom and the living room. The TV in the living room is mounted on this board so I'm wondering if it's strong enough to hold up 2 TV's.

I really wish it was on a swivel and I could just swing it around to face the bedroom at night. It's kind of a poor setup.

And no, I generally don't watch TV in the bedroom, but it's good for those rainy nights.
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
busterbrown

I installed a 32" TV in the bedroom behind the sliding closet doors. Similar setup on the Bullet. IIR, there is about 3.5 inches of depth for a TV and a mount. I bought this type of mount of Amazon., which has a very low profile at only 0.6 inches. Then I purchased a TV that had a maximum depth of 2.8" inches or less. Best Buy's Insignia series fit the requirements and I have about 0.5 inches to spare for the closet doors. I added a nylon buckle strap along the bottom of the edge of the recessed area to secure the TV tightly. It worked out well.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #3
JimQ

Try monoprice.com for a TV mount. They have great prices and a huge selection. That's where I bought mine. Hope you find one that fits. My bullet had a label for the mounting location and I didn't have any obstructions to deal with.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, passport, tv mount