Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 10:09 PM   #1
RichLP

365mb Avalanche grey tank(s)

Question for a newbie friend:

Does anyone know if a 2018 365mb Avalanche has 2 grey tanks? And if so, where the 2nd dump handle is located?

Thanks all
RichLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:17 AM   #2
notanlines

Rich, I'm probably not going to be a lot of help, but it is listed as 83 gallon, single tank. 83 is a fairly large tank, I would bet that you have two, one for kitchen and one for shower. I also suspect that the second handle is at the rear of the back wheel on the driver side. I'm not saying that 83 is impossible, just not probable. Let us know when you find out for sure.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
merbnz

This website lists the unit with 1 grey tank..

https://www.rvusa.com/keystone-avala...ton-ky-2356817

2018 Fusion 424
Full timer
merbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Looking at the floorplan and a couple of photos of an Avalanche 365 online, it looks like there are two gray water tanks, one located under the bath and one located above the axles, between the two roadside slides.

There are several reasons for this "guess".
First, it is nearly 20' from the galley sink to the bathroom. Gray water just won't drain efficiently that far inside the "belly" which is roughly 10" thick. Given the probability that a trailer will necessarily be "front high" much of the time, water just won't "run uphill".
Second, in the roadside photo I've posted, you can clearly see the drain line below the trailer floor from a tank located just forward of the axles. There would need to be a drain valve/handle for that tank located on the road side, somewhere around where that drain line exits the belly.
Third, the convenience center has two drain valves, (1 black/1 gray) located in the lower left corner of the space. Those would be the drain handles for the two forward tanks.

My guess is that there's a "third handle" for the galley gray tank located on the frame rail, between the two roadside slides. There "should be" a small 1/2"x2" sticker on the side of the trailer at the J-wrap molding that says, "Gray Tank" similar to the one in these photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	20962   Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	20963   Click image for larger version

Name:	tank drains.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	20964   Click image for larger version

Name:	VALVE DOOR 2.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	20965  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:22 PM   #5
SandyBurg

It is for the galley tank. No sticker. Nothing. If our son hadn't looked under there, we would never have found it. It's not easy to pull or push back in. I almost have to get on my knees. (Not fun as we age, lol) We will be looking into a workaround in the fall.

Thanks for everyone's help.
SandyBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:44 PM   #6
JDDilly

I installed Volterra twist on waste valves on my outlets. I only need to crawl under the rig when I setup and tear down. While setup I use the twist on valves to empty my tanks.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBurg View Post
It is for the galley tank. No sticker. Nothing. If our son hadn't looked under there, we would never have found it. It's not easy to pull or push back in. I almost have to get on my knees. (Not fun as we age, lol) We will be looking into a workaround in the fall.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Drill a small hole at the top of that sticky waste valve in the plastic large enough to get a straw from a silicon lube can in and lube away. Then put a screw in the hole. I also have the waste gate on the end of my dump valve and open my galley tank when when camping ONCE and then close it before leaving the park. My dump valve is behind my driver side rear tire and you have to crawl under the slide out. I carry an old Chewy box to throw down as there are usually stones and fire ants if you crawl without.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
bobbecky

On our 2012 Montana, we have 53 gallons black, and 93 gallons grey. The black tank and the bath grey tank are the same size, so, one grey is 53 gallons and the other grey, which is the galley tank, is 40 gallons. What is the size of your black tank? If you know that, likely it will be the same as your bath grey and the rest of capacity will be your galley tank. Our galley tank dump pull is located to the rear of the axles, coming out of the frame. Others have mentioned pulls found between the axles and also in front of the axles.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank