Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
billb800si

US Flag Flying over Campsite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-gypsy View Post
I love to see "The Stars and Bars" floating over your campsite. many of us have ancestors who fought with the General in the ANV. My GG grandfather was 51st Ga Inf co. F.
===========================================

The flag would look nice if it was the U.S. Flag flying.
Happy trails,
------
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us葉hat from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion葉hat we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain葉hat this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom預nd that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
Old 07-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
===========================================

The flag would look nice if it was the U.S. Flag flying.
Happy trails,
------
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us葉hat from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion葉hat we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain葉hat this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom預nd that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
That flag does look nice, and I will proudly fly it. I have no issue with the US flag, but I am very proud of my Virginia heritage. I know this is going to open a can of worms but I've said it all of my life, I'm a Virginian first and foremost. That does not mean that I do not love my country and it does not make me unpatriotic. I believe in the principles upon which this great nation was founded, one of which was the preservation of the sovereign State. I know this forum has rules with respect to prohibiting certain comments but if one can post such political speech as Lincoln's Gettysburg Address in response to a quote regarding one of my photos, I should be able to respond to it.
As a matter of fact, every year, on July 4, I visit the grave site of one of Founding Fathers, Richard Henry Lee, Virginian and father of the resolution that called for our nations independence. I pay tribute to him and this great nation every year by placing an American flag and flowers on his grave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Since this thread has breached forum policy, it is closed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Closed Thread