Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Fuzion 342 stereo speakers

Does anyone own a 342? I picked up one yesterday and noticed the stereo played on the outside speakers and no sound from the speakers in the garage when the outside speaker button was not selected. When that button was turned off there was no sound coming from inside the trailer. There were no speakers in the living area except for the sound bar under the TV. Is the stereo not for listening inside the rig?
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
tileman

I have a fuzion 310 2012
I can play just the outside speakers with the hit of the button
Or I can do the living room only or the garage only
Or all at one time.

Maybe the wires are messed up and need to be fixed.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Well today I pulled the stereo and found the "sub out" on back of the stereo is hooked up to the sound bar. For the life of me I cannot get any sound to go to the sound bar from the head unit. I finally found I can get the speakers in the garage to play when I turn on the speakers in the garage. Why each speaker has it own switch in the garage to turn it off and on is strange. There are no speakers in the main living area, so I don't know how hard it would be to hook some up to the head unit.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Htfiremedic

My TE II has 4 I the ceiling and a sub in the main living, 2 in he bay and 2 outside.
I need a center speaker for mine.
Htfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
T11ravis

My outside speakers and garage speakers are on the same switch. I'm curious if that is normal.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
divern54

Hi Howdy,

We have a Fuzion 342, and there is a switch in the garage that will turn on the speakers in the garage. They are located in the same place where the switches are for the bed/couches to be moved up or down. There is a switch to turn off the outside speakers where the controls are for the slides and awnings.

Hope that helps!
Carole
divern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by divern54 View Post
Hi Howdy,

We have a Fuzion 342, and there is a switch in the garage that will turn on the speakers in the garage. They are located in the same place where the switches are for the bed/couches to be moved up or down. There is a switch to turn off the outside speakers where the controls are for the slides and awnings.

Hope that helps!
Carole
Carole.....Yes that does help and I finally found that out through trial and error. Do you have any speakers in your main living area? I don't, but for some reason the head unit is wired up to the sound bar under the TV. But that sound bar only works on 120v so unless you are plugged in, have an inverter or are using the generator you wont get any sound out of it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by T11ravis View Post
My outside speakers and garage speakers are on the same switch. I'm curious if that is normal.
Meaning that when you switch to outside speakers your garage speakers also play? or you can toggle between the outside and garage speakers with that one switch?

As you can see I have a switch for the inside speakers for on/off. But the hole is blank and there is no switch/nob there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-04 09.10.45a.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	2190  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
T11ravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Meaning that when you switch to outside speakers your garage speakers also play?
Correct.
I have 2 switches on my control panel; inside speakers and outside speakers. The "inside" switch operates the inside (living room) speakers as I expected but the "outside" switch turns on the garage speakers as well as the outside speakers.
I will check the switches in the garage again though, hadn't thought of there being a speaker switch back there.
WERA #13

'13 Raptor 300mp
'11 F350 6.7L CC DRW FX4
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
divern54

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Carole.....Yes that does help and I finally found that out through trial and error. Do you have any speakers in your main living area? I don't, but for some reason the head unit is wired up to the sound bar under the TV. But that sound bar only works on 120v so unless you are plugged in, have an inverter or are using the generator you wont get any sound out of it.
Hi Howdy, My hubby says ours is the same as yours. Sorry

Carole
divern54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by divern54 View Post
Hi Howdy, My hubby says ours is the same as yours. Sorry

Carole
Sounds like I am not alone then. Down the road I will take it to a decent stereo shop and have them do a few upgrades.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T11ravis View Post
Correct.
I have 2 switches on my control panel; inside speakers and outside speakers. The "inside" switch operates the inside (living room) speakers as I expected but the "outside" switch turns on the garage speakers as well as the outside speakers.
I will check the switches in the garage again though, hadn't thought of there being a speaker switch back there.
Every 342 I have seen has the "blank hole" for the inside speakers with no switch in place and no speakers other than the sound bar under the TV. Which may be fine, however you would think there would be wiring at least for more speakers especially in the bedroom.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #13
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Has anyone figured out how to get the stereo to play through the sound bar?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #14
Cheepjeep80

I had to switch the sound source on the sound bar to Aux to get the radio to play in the main area.

Matt
Cheepjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #15
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepjeep80 View Post
I had to switch the sound source on the sound bar to Aux to get the radio to play in the main area.

Matt
I know I had tried that but now I realize I did not have the volume on the sound bar up. Guess when you turn it on it starts at zero. I was trying to contol the volume through the stero which is not how it works. Its all good now except for the fact that the sound bar runs on AC, so without hookups or running the generator I cannot get music in the living area. Just the garage and outside.