Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
gmtech1

Not 100 percent satisfyed with new premier 29RTPR

Camping right now at normandy park in ma. New trailer has some issues,i just think it's cheaply made for what you spend for it.The rocking chairs already broke off the brackets for the curtains,wen,t to plug in the coffee pot and toaster guess what the cords are to short because all the outlets are under the cabinets,so i have to put every thing on 2 by 4s.I think i'll be going to the camping show next year to trade it in.Anybody else have one with any issues thanks john
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
fishin technician

I have a 2012 Premier 19FBPR. I noticed the same issue with my coffee maker. I used a cereal box the first trip and picked up a cheap 3' extension cord for about 2 bucks. I would agree there should be an outlet a little closer to the counter.

On some of the trim and wall paper, I used loctite powergrab to re-fasten the laminate surface. I also made a small repair to the tub surround, but nothing major.

The unit isn't perfect, but I must say I'm pleased generally speaking. From reading this forum and others, I consider myself lucky thus far.

Happy camping
Old 07-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
gmtech1

I forgot about the shower too i have to wrap a towel around the bottom because they forgot to seal it.At the end off the season i will bring it for the warranty work.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Huskerdude

When we bought our 2011Premier 28rlpr ,noticing the lack of outlets, had our dealer put in two outlets. One above the kitchen drawers, the other above the corner cabinet (to the left of the pantry).This was part of the deal. I then put another outlet on the other side of the bed. Now how hard could that have been for Keystone to do that !!!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
silver bullet 46

I found the same problem with our Bullet 246rbs. My solution was an outlet power strip from Home Depot. The the power strip lies against the wall and is out of the way, it even has an on/off switch.
silver bullet 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
gmtech1

I just feel the money i spent i shouldn't have to do that but that is a good idea.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
AlCorr

What are you doing at a Yuppie campground like Normandy anyway? Why worry about pluging in a coffee maker, they have a coffee cart that comes around in the morning.
New Bedford, MA
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...R/IMG_1198.jpg
AlCorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
ls1mike

My Passport's outlets are lacking as well.

2000 Trans Am WS6 11 seconds of 1/4 mile goodness.
The rest of the cars don't matter.
ls1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
flc

coffee pot

Maybe my wife's coffee pot has a longer cord. Hers worked just fine in my Bullet 248RKS. When I'm by myself I use an old drip coffee pot like the railroaders did back in the 50s. Makes better coffee IMO.
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #10
AlCorr

Most of the new drip coffee pots have short cords for home kitchen use, where the outlets are in the wall, behind the coffee pot. My Bullet 248RKS has overhead outlets on the underside of the cabents. We put a pot under the coffee maker to raise it up. We now use a perk pot on the stove where we don't have elect. dry camping.
New Bedford, MA
Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech1 View Post
I forgot about the shower too i have to wrap a towel around the bottom because they forgot to seal it.At the end off the season i will bring it for the warranty work.
I am surprised that you are letting a leakage problem go until the end of the season. If sufficient moisture reaches the OSB substrate of the floor, you will have a rot problem that will entail a much larger expense to fix. And since you have known about the problem and failed to have it repaired, it's probable that the dealer/repair shop will not be willing to treat it as a warranty issue.

Even if the rot doesn't happen, moisture in places it does not belong, even in small amounts, can cause serious mold problems.

As for your power outlet issue, I don't think we can expect any RV manufacturer to anticipate all the possible combinations of power cord lengths and kitchen appliances. Also remember that there are some rules similar to building codes for RV construction, and depending on the location of the stove and sink, it may not be possible to place an outlet where you want one to be.

And, even if the outlet locations are not ideal for you, I don't see how you can claim that is a "cheaply made" problem.

Same for the chairs and the window treatments. Much as I would agree that it is a less than perfect combination, I think there has to be some owner responsibility for how you use furniture, etc. in your RV or your home. Placing a chair too close to a wall and then rocking vigorously is Keystone's problem? I think not.

And, again, I don't see how a less than perfect combination of chair height and window treatment location can be considered "cheaply made."

RV's are all pretty similar in construction methods and design, regardless of manufacturer and price range. Experienced RV owners know this and anticipate that there will items that are less than perfect in any new rig.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
ls1mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC7010 View Post
I am surprised that you are letting a leakage problem go until the end of the season. If sufficient moisture reaches the OSB substrate of the floor, you will have a rot problem that will entail a much larger expense to fix. And since you have known about the problem and failed to have it repaired, it's probable that the dealer/repair shop will not be willing to treat it as a warranty issue.

Even if the rot doesn't happen, moisture in places it does not belong, even in small amounts, can cause serious mold problems.

As for your power outlet issue, I don't think we can expect any RV manufacturer to anticipate all the possible combinations of power cord lengths and kitchen appliances. Also remember that there are some rules similar to building codes for RV construction, and depending on the location of the stove and sink, it may not be possible to place an outlet where you want one to be.

And, even if the outlet locations are not ideal for you, I don't see how you can claim that is a "cheaply made" problem.

Same for the chairs and the window treatments. Much as I would agree that it is a less than perfect combination, I think there has to be some owner responsibility for how you use furniture, etc. in your RV or your home. Placing a chair too close to a wall and then rocking vigorously is Keystone's problem? I think not.

And, again, I don't see how a less than perfect combination of chair height and window treatment location can be considered "cheaply made."

RV's are all pretty similar in construction methods and design, regardless of manufacturer and price range. Experienced RV owners know this and anticipate that there will items that are less than perfect in any new rig.
Concur, but my old 1995 5th wheel had a ton of outlets. This 32 footer I have has 1 in the Master bedroom, 1 in the kids room, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the kitchen all in strange spots.

2000 Trans Am WS6 11 seconds of 1/4 mile goodness.
The rest of the cars don't matter.
ls1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #13
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1mike View Post
Concur, but my old 1995 5th wheel had a ton of outlets. This 32 footer I have has 1 in the Master bedroom, 1 in the kids room, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the kitchen all in strange spots.
I would readily agree that way too few outlets does fall into the "cheaply made" description. My Cougar, however, has enough outlets, all in reasonable places so that I don't feel that they skimped on them. In the kitchen, they are down low on the walls by the counters in adequate locations on each counter to use appliances with very short cords almost anywhere you'd want to do so.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #14
SAABDOCTOR

FLARP I'M OLD!!!! i still perk my coffe on the stove. never had an issue. sometimes i wonder "what was goin through your mind" when he place the outlets/switches. whatever they were on they aren't sharing!!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
AlCorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
FLARP I'M OLD!!!! i still perk my coffe on the stove. never had an issue. sometimes i wonder "what was goin through your mind" when he place the outlets/switches. whatever they were on they aren't sharing!!!
I'm with you on the perked coffee.
New Bedford, MA
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #16
SAABDOCTOR

all kidding aside i would have to agree with Steve. don't let that leak go till the end of the season. get it fixed NOW!!! my montana has a lots of plugs andin good locations. some of the swithces are in odd locations, like my kitchen dining lights the switch is in the closet along with the cieling fan, scare and porch lights. i just may pull them to a wall plate
Old 07-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
AlCorr

Too far from outlets, get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-6-Outle...225500-0234006
New Bedford, MA
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
SAABDOCTOR

Al that's far too easy. gotta take the walls apart and run new plugs and all that for coffe hum the stove sure looks better all the time, but will the a/c kep up with the heat? now we have to put in a 2nd a/c. and at least you'll be warm in the winter...no wait can't use the stove for domestic heat dang were screwed.well now you all know what kinda day i am havin hope yours is better
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
gmtech1

I am going to seal the shower myself because i will be camping again in 2 weeks and they can't get to it as far as being cheaply made the seat back at the table is already loose from leaning on it ,isn,t that what your supposed to do.I know its a light trailer but come on the price wasn,t to light.I had a jayco before with no slides and i feel it was designed and made better and that was in 02.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
AlCorr

Barney, just buy a short extention cord, and set back and have a bevarage.
New Bedford, MA