Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
turbopilot51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 250
Time to store Alpine

Today we got back from our last trip of the season. This week I will cleanup and winterize the Alpine for a long winter's nap. I will cover the rig to protect from the winters here in the NW. Come on spring!
__________________

__________________
2012 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
2004.5 CTD 2500
Living the dream in the soggy Northwest!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Hometown
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Champaign,IL
Posts: 17
Another sad day here also just parked our Cougar in the shed for her winter season, will try to squeeze in a couple of mods in over the winter. Thinking about spring and the trips planned for next spring summer months already.
__________________

__________________
2008 Cougar 316 QBS
2008 Chevy 2500 Duramax
16k Pullrite Superglide Hitch
Hometown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
turbopilot51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 250
Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!
__________________
2012 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
2004.5 CTD 2500
Living the dream in the soggy Northwest!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
bsmith0404
Senior Member
 
bsmith0404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,832
Just winterized ours last week, but we are also moving in Dec and plan to stay in it while traveling cross country, just won't be using the plumbing/water. It's basically a big tent with electricity and heat now.
__________________

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2011 Silverado 3500HD DRW Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
RV Sales Consultant
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
rhagfo
Senior Member
 
rhagfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot51 View Post
Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!
That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.
__________________
Russ & Paula
The Beagles Belle and Precious.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS 32’ GVWR 12,360
2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD, 5 sp, Pacbrake, DS Power Puck, Bilstien 5100's, Just 311K.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
https://s1191.photobucket.com/albums...Smaller5th.jpg
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #6
turbopilot51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA State
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.
Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.
__________________
2012 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
2004.5 CTD 2500
Living the dream in the soggy Northwest!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #7
rhagfo
Senior Member
 
rhagfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot51 View Post
Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.
Sorry to hear, of your and DW loss.
__________________

__________________
Russ & Paula
The Beagles Belle and Precious.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS 32’ GVWR 12,360
2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD, 5 sp, Pacbrake, DS Power Puck, Bilstien 5100's, Just 311K.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
https://s1191.photobucket.com/albums...Smaller5th.jpg
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.