Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 AM   #21
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esai View Post

We are towing with a 2014 Tundra 5.7 -- bringing the trailer home on Monday we noticed that the cruise control shuts off every now and then. Checked the truck's manual and it says not to use cruise control when towing. Do others use it? It seemed like a handy thing to have and we were surprised to read not to use it.

Priscilla
We tow our 248RKS with the same truck as yours-couldn't be happier. Just moved ours 350 miles from north Texas to south Texas and found the cruise control had the transmission shifting too much. There are just enough hills here to keep cruise control busy so I just turned it off. I think I managed to get better mileage that way as well. For those that don't know- the speed limit on many highways here is 70 & 75, with most of them just one or (at most) two lanes each way, so running 60-65 can be a real hassle. Even I-35 from Waco to Austin has a bunch of two lane only stretches due to all the construction. I used 281 for most of the north/south travel and it was much less stressful. Enjoy your new TT.
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
Dave in Va

Quote:
We just picked up our 2015 Bullet 251RBS on Monday. It's our first so we are still studying manuals and figuring things out.

I am curious as to why your awning covers your back door, not the front. Did you get to choose, or was that just the way they installed it? Ours covers the front door, not the back.

I was very disappointed to find that my TV does not swivel -- that was half the reason we ordered a Keystone! The dealer checked and said there were so many warranty claims with twisted wires that they gave up. It did come with a hole on the bedroom side for us to install a second TV and feed the wires to the plug/antenna on the living room side, so I guess I'll get over it.

We had black air vent covers (2) installed on the roof but I notice a white cover on the roof over the fridge area -- anyone know what that is?

We are towing with a 2014 Tundra 5.7 -- bringing the trailer home on Monday we noticed that the cruise control shuts off every now and then. Checked the truck's manual and it says not to use cruise control when towing. Do others use it? It seemed like a handy thing to have and we were surprised to read not to use it.

Much to learn but we were really impressed with the quality of the TT -- nice wood, nice finishes, well-planned. And a LOT of lights! Tons of storage! We ordered over the phone so this has been our first chance to actually see one. Can't wait to actually try it out, beyond sitting in it in the yard, opening and closing cupboards.

Priscilla
The white cover is the fridge vent. How dark do the black covers make the interior? We get a lot of light thru the regular white vent covers. I'm going to install a Vortex II fan in the center vent and will cover it with a Fan Mate.

"Knowledge is good" -- Emil Faber

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091 -- The Champagne of Ships

Dave in Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #23
grumpygregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Va View Post
The white cover is the fridge vent. How dark do the black covers make the interior? We get a lot of light thru the regular white vent covers. I'm going to install a Vortex II fan in the center vent and will cover it with a Fan Mate.

The black covers block most of the light but I prefer it that way. During the summer i don't want the extra heat and in the winter i will likely block it with an insulating block anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee HEMI
grumpygregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #24
grumpygregg

Quote:
Aha! I have answered my own question about the awning & door placement -- yours is a RKS so your "front" door is in the rear and that's the one the awning covers. Our rear door is the bathroom (RBS) so our awning covers the front door (entrance door.)

We had a second big grab handle put on the second door -- they left the small handle on, too, and added the big handle. I've got a knee I don't always trust so I thought that would be a good idea. And whenever I will be climbing the steps I will be holding a squirming Chihuahua in one arm. It seemed like a good choice for safety.

Priscilla

Yes my back door is my front door.... I also noticed that the main entrance door is slightly larger than the bedroom door on the front. I figure the only time I will really use the bedroom door is when we have guests sleeping in the living room. as for the dog. We have a mini-doxie, so I just set her on the floor of the camper before I try to climb the steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee HEMI
grumpygregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 AM   #25
JimQ

Congrats on your new trailer. Nice job on all your modifications. Looks great. Good idea on the awning lights, something for me to think about. Enjoy your Bullet and the rest of the summer.
JimQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #26
dmnorden

Hello from Ohio

We just picked up our new 2014 Bullet 248RKS on Tuesday! We've spent the week loading everything in it, and checking it over.
We were surprised to learn it has 2 grey water tanks. The brochure says the grey water capacity is 60 gallons - anyone know what the capacity is of each tank? I'm guessing 30 gals each?
We were also surprised that it did not come with a base foot for the tongue hitch. Is that normal?
I've enjoyed reading other posts about the Bullet. Previously we had a 2011 Crossroads Zinger, and I learned a lot from their forum.
Thanks everyone and happy camping!
dmnorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #27
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Gregg, just showed your bathroom mods to the DW and she wanted me to ask you how you hung the towel bar and tp roll holder. Did you use screws or command hooks? (We have a ton of command hooks currently in use!)
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote