Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
Ram189

Montana High Country Landing gear question

I just bought a 338DB and it has the Automatic level system in it.

Panel is on the passanger side of the coach. When I want to hook and unhook I have to go all the way around the truck to get it raised or lowered in order to hook and unhook.
Not all that much of a problem just a little bit of a PITA. Most 5er I have seen seem to have a switch on the drivers side to make raising and lowering easier.

Any suggestions on making this work. I am working on teaching my son (7) and wife how to make it work. We are literally 2 days into ownership but I would rather do it myself so I don't mess up the truck or trailer.

Thanks in advance
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
canesfan

Really??? That's "interesting" to say the least. Mine is in the street side LP compartment.

Not sure all how complicated it would be, here's a parts list for the 6 point levelup.

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/c...20Assembly.pdf

It shows a harness. Actually 2 harnesses. Don't know if you can get another one and splice/plug them together? Also not sure if there would be more to it than that. I haven't delved into mine to see where all the parts are located.

I wish you luck.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Ram189

Mine only has 4 points points.

2 on the main jacks. 2 behind the wheels.

I will look inside the propane door. Did not see that.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
WaltBennett

You might check out the Montana Owner's Club (MOC) and ask for more info. Didn't yours come with a remote though?

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #5
Ram189

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltBennett View Post
You might check out the Montana Owner's Club (MOC) and ask for more info. Didn't yours come with a remote though?
It does have a remote but was told that is only good for the slides by the sales person.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
rclark

My experience with sales people is that they do not know all the fine details and some know nothing. LOL

2007 Chevy 3500 Dually Duramax Allison
2013 Keystone Alpine 3555rl, Onan 5500, Directv Dish
2004 Everest 364Q
2005 Larado Bunk House TT
2004 Komfort TT
1973 Kenskill TT
rclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Jim Dow

2011 Montana High Country Remote

My remote controls:
a) Front Support Jacks/Rear Jacks
b) All three slides
c) Several lights

Remember that if you start using the remote, you must finish with the remote. That is, if you turn it on with the remote, you must turn it off using he remote.

The jacks can also be controlled using switches inside the second storage compartment as well by the switches just inside the front door.

It actually works pretty well.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:20 AM   #8
WaltBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dow View Post
My remote controls:
a) Front Support Jacks/Rear Jacks
b) All three slides
c) Several lights

Remember that if you start using the remote, you must finish with the remote. That is, if you turn it on with the remote, you must turn it off using he remote.

The jacks can also be controlled using switches inside the second storage compartment as well by the switches just inside the front door.

It actually works pretty well.
X2 - the part about having to use it to turn things off applies to the outside lights.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:13 AM   #9
Ram189

Thanks everyone. I will play with it tonight and tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

I brought it home and have not done anything but put a rug down in the doorway and put rugs on the steps. Other than that have been working and it is dark by the time I get home.

Gonna open it up this weekend and get in all kinds of trouble.