Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
TallEddie

Wet Carpet Under Slide 303TG

Just looking to get some input on an issue I noticed today with my Laredo 303TG. Had the trailer 3 weeks now, it is brand new. The past week we have had some rain and snow here in VA, and this weekend it is warm so I decided to open up the trailer. All the slides windows and vents have been closed.

When I put the slides out I noticed the carpet under the rear slide was soaking wet. Nothing else was wet, the beds, sofa and carpet on the slide room were dry. Just the carpet under the slide was wet. The rest of the RV was fine.

I already contacted the dealer and I will be dropping it off on Tuesday. I am just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. I am not sure how so much water got to that one area. Just looking to get some info/insight so when I talk to the dealer I can make sure it is being fixed correctly.

Thanks.
TallEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
canesfan

Not a Keystone product, but a recent POS I owned had the bedroom slide installed off center, and it would leak. They tried all kinds of fixes, none of which worked. Not sure it might be a similar situation with yours, but something to look closely at.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
TallEddie

Thanks, I'll ask about that. Just wanted to clarify, not sure if it is clear in my original post, that the carpet in the whole back bunk area is wet. It is the carpet that is under the slide when it is closed, and when the slide is open it is the bedroom area carpet. I not just talking about the little section that the slide overlaps on when the slide is open.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
TallEddie

Finally have a solution to the problem. Trailer has been at the dealer since Feb 25, and today they called to let me know they found the source of the leak. They said the slide room was not adjusted properly and the water was leaking in from under the slide. They were able to duplicate the issue and the leak only occurred when the slide was in.

It has been a very frustrating time, I called periodically to check and see if the problem was found. Every time they said they are working on it, but have not found the problem. Yesterday I called Keystone directly to see if I had any other options, they called the dealer while I was on the phone to see what was going on. Then today the dealer says it is fixed. Not sure if that is a coincidence or not. Either way, I am happy to be getting the trailer back finally, the weather is getting warm and I can't wait to start using it.

Just wanted to give an ending to this, hopefully it will help in the future.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
therink

Glad they found the problem. Its a shame you had to call Keystone to get the dealer on the stick.
Let us know how you make out after next tow in the rain.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by therink View Post
Glad they found the problem. Its a shame you had to call Keystone to get the dealer on the stick.
Let us know how you make out after next tow in the rain.
In my situation KS responded more to my phone calls than the dealer ?
Dealers are reluctant to do work even warranty work without KS approval of each step/component. Dealer may have been ecstatic KS called to authorize the work.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
BigRed2013

I have a Cougar 2014 Cougar 32RESWE and had a leak from a window under the main living room slide that got the carpet wet. I also have ongoing issues with the wardrobe slide in the bedroom. I took it in for repair in February and was assured all was fixed. The living room slide leak seems to be completely fixed (live in WA and have had a ton of rain so I'm confident on that one) but the wardrobe slide floor area in the bedroom was completely drenched through. The dealer has the unit now and I'm quite pleased with their level of concern about the problem. They told me they will get to the bottom of it and will replace whatever they have to so it doesn't leak like this. We just got the trailer in December and were pretty distraught that it was already having these problems. So far the dealer has stood behind the unit the entire way, haven't had to deal directly with Keystone yet.

Make sure you keep on checking it, could get moldy if not repaired properly and rot.

Good luck!
BigRed2013 is offline   Reply With Quote