Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #21
Mark TC

I got the cracks at the screws and dealer replaced them under warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Mark TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #22
ozzie65

I got my 2910 BH back a couple of weeks ago and they replaced the right flare but didn't bother to check the left side. The first thing I did was check the left side and it had cracked in the cold weather months while it was at the dealer. They took photos and said they would order me one. I told them to order the other side for me at my cost. They are $ 104.00 including tax if anyone is interested. I went to a local body shop and I am having them spray it with sprayable flexible seam sealer. It's very thick and seems like it will stiffen them up a little. I am also going to back up the holes with nylon washers and a little silicone. Hopefully this will work. I also noticed that the skirting supports are very flimsy and allow movement. I think I'm also going to add or change out the supports to thicker aluminum flat stock from Lowes. All that flapping in wind turbulance can't be good. Hopefully this will slow down the cracking. Looking at the quality of them I don't think I will be able to totally stop it. I think through time and weather conditions they will crack again. I will try and submit some photos when I get them back.

2007 GMC 2500HD
2013 Passport 2910BH
ozzie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #23
08quadram

I believe most of the cracking came from over tightened screws in relation to the design of the skirt edge. Any time you put pressure like that on plastic, it will break when cold. I am hoping that the washers I used will solve the issue. I do like the idea of replacing the support bracket to something that actually hold it in place.

Mike

2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92
1970 VW Beetle
1948 VAC Case
2008 Kubota bx2350
2013 Keystone Passport 2920bh
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #24
dougjoliefrey

When I got my new 308BHS Bullet home from the dealer some of the screws holding the skirt to the slide out were missing. I driiled thru the aluminum support and added a nut and bolt to the last screw could not pull out again. I also had to change the screws in the angled support to bolts because those pulled out also. Aluminum screws in alumium beams just doesn't seem to be a stong enough option for the skirts which experience so much wind load. My goal was to repair so it would not happen again. I hope I have suceeded.