Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
cvgkid

Wireless Garage Camera

Anyone have a recommendation for a wireless camera I can mount in the garage of my 325SRX to keep an eye on my bike? I go back and check it just about every time we stop, but while going over really bumpy roads I worry that the baby may need my help. On a trip into Texas last year I opened the back to find the bike leaning badly.

Thanks for your help.
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Albert

I have a voyager wireless camera for my 31 foot 5vr. I did lots of research on wireless units and found that the inexpensive units would just not maintain the signal more them 20-25 feet when traveling.

I went with the voyager wireless model. They are not cheap, but very good quality and very easy to install and hold a solid signal . You can google Jensen Direct and you will find both wireless models. You can often find the less expensive model on sale for $599 at CW. Again, they are not cheap but work very well.

I purchased the model that had one wireless camera and two ports for hard wired cameras. I installed the wireless one on the back of my trailer. I purchased a ford emblem with the camera built in for the tailgate and another mounted in the bed so I can watch the pin and hitch when I am backing to hook-up.

I am very happy with the system. The only downside is the costs as you can buy much cheaper wireless systems but in MHO I do not think they work well.

Good luck.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Essness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvgkid View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a wireless camera I can mount in the garage of my 325SRX to keep an eye on my bike? I go back and check it just about every time we stop, but while going over really bumpy roads I worry that the baby may need my help. On a trip into Texas last year I opened the back to find the bike leaning badly.

Thanks for your help.
Honestly, do the best you can tying it down and believe you've done it correctly.
Having a camera is gonna make you more nuts! Dont ask me how I know.............
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Adventurider

If in doubt, use another set of tie downs and never worry about it. In all my years of racing etc. I've only crashed one bike in the back of a pick up, and that was because I was sloppy about how I tied it down.

BTW, was sort of an expensive crash. Ducati 996R, and a dented up outside panel from the handlebar. Never will that mistake happen again.
Adventurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Randy_K

I am planning on ordering from this place. I have been reading a lot of reviews and these look good to me.

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products...FcxcMgod6FUApQ

Randy

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Essness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_K View Post
I am planning on ordering from this place. I have been reading a lot of reviews and these look good to me.

http://www.tadibrothers.com/Products...FcxcMgod6FUApQ

Randy
They lost me on the "motorcycle backup system"
2016 Polaris RZR S900
Essness is offline   Reply With Quote