Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Cheepjeep80

Fuzion 342 A/C - blowing cold, but not cooling camper

Hi!

We have a 2013 Fuzion 342. It has two Coleman A/C units, one in the bedroom and one in the garage. From my understanding the one in the bedroom is connected to the ducting that runs from the bedroom, into the living area, then out into the garage. The garage A/C is not connected to the ducting. With the bedroom unit's built-in vents closed I get very little air being pushed thru the ducts. I ran the A/C for a week and the temp inside never got below 75-77 in 79 degree weather. This is with the interior door to the garage shut and the unit out there not running. I only have 30amp service at my house, so it's almost impossible to run both units at the same time.

Any advice or suggestions?

We are leaving in a week to go to Orlando - so I really don't have time to take it to the dealer for service. And it's going to be HOT in Orlando!!!! If I can't get it working I may have to purchase a portable A/C unit to supplement.

Thanks for the help!!

Matt
Cheepjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
flyinguy68

I'm just guessing and throwing out some ideas. I think basically that it's a lot of cubic feet that the AC is trying to cool. I have heard a lot of the same issues from other TH owners. A couple of ideas to try and help- there are vent pillows that you can buy like these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-cushion/26552 I've seen these at RV stores & Walmart RV sections. I suspect everything you can do to help insulate your RV is just like insulating your home.

With the AC in my bedroom it gets the coolest the quickest. I noticed that on the AC it has several vents that I can close to help force the air further. They also cut a round vent in the bedroom and the bath. I cut a piece of cardboard and plugged the round bedroom and bathroom vents.

I think you just have to do what you can to get the air where you want it.

'11 GMC 3500 Diesel Dually
'13 Keystone Fuzion 360
Toys to be hauled:
'08 Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT
'04 Honda 450 ES Foreman
'03 BMW K1200LT
flyinguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
tileman

We have a 2012 fuzion with two AC's if I turn on the AC in the bedroom I can feel air to the vents in the garage just a tad not a lot.

If I have the AC in the bedroom on and turn on the AC in the garage the air flow picks up a lot in the rest of the rv.

So I plugged off the two vents in the garage to help with air loss in there if I am just running the bedroom AC. So what I do is if the garage is shut up is trun on the bedroom AC then open the garage AC vent on the unit just a tad and run them both. We was in alabama last summer and at the motocross track it was in 102 outside the rv stayed around 76 to 78 all day just had to keep the kids from opening the door a lot.

I live about 23 miles west of daytona and the last few days its been in the high 80s+ I was in the barn wed and my temp reading was 92 on the wall so its getting hot.

Maybe try and look for a blocked vent keeping the air from flowing.
Good luck and have a safe trip.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
chain_dogg

This helps a lot !! Seal your vents at the roof, where the duct work hooks to the register, thanks to the members of the this thread, great read.

here is the key link........

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showpos...13&postcount=6

Here is the thread

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthr...ght=seal+ducks
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Cheepjeep80

Thanks for all the great info!!

Matt
Cheepjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
EricLynnAllison

I opened up the filter area under the air conditioner and found the piece that fits between the supply air and the outgoing cold air had moved and allowed cold air to short circuit inside the unit.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
duramax

I found the same thing in my raptor, removed the ac cover inside six screws, and found the spacer between the hot air return and cold air pushed in , taped everything real good with aluminum tape and also bend a piece of aluminum soffit below the fan exhaust to make it flow easier to the vents, granted I have one ac unit, if I open both garage vents all the way they actually make noise now from the air flow, this is on a 300mp.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
C130

I have both AC's running right now in our 2011 Fuzion 322 TE and it'll freeze you out and its 90 degrees outside. I noticed the garage AC seems to help cool the living area when its running and not just the bedroom cools the living area. I know the Touring Edition supposedly has more duct work, at least compared to the other 2011 models. I'm impressed with the cooling in this thing. We kept turning the thermostat up last night it was so cold and today we have it cooled to the low 70's easily and its at least 90 outside.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
Terry W.

OK here goes m2c. First time we went to a 50amp campground I was running both ac on high and temp was not going down any. I was talking to the next camper and founf out running both ac to run them on low and guess what it started cooling down. The volts dropped to low below 104 with ac on high for ac the work correctly
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote