Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #1
Wilkod

Buying new raptor tomorrow - anything specific to look for

I am buying a 395lev tomorrow. I have the PDI checklist that's on this forum. I also went through two years of sorting out issues on the fifth wheel we are trading in...

Having said that are there any specific things or areas I should be paying close attention to? It's a 2013 model...

Thanks guys
Wilkod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkod View Post
I am buying a 395lev tomorrow. I have the PDI checklist that's on this forum. I also went through two years of sorting out issues on the fifth wheel we are trading in...

Having said that are there any specific things or areas I should be paying close attention to? It's a 2013 model...

Thanks guys
Congratulations, don't have any suggestions but it'll be exciting to pick it up I know. Where did you buy it, I'm in The Woodlands and just bought a "like new" 2011 Fuzion?
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Wilkod

Thanks. Yes I am pretty excited - kind of like a kid before Christmas. We live in Cypress and are buying from holiday world in Katy.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
saltytuna1

I'd recommend filling the fresh water, black & grey tanks completely to check for leaks. Also use all faucets to check for any issues. Hook up to city water and check operation. Get one of the little 110V receptacle fault testers and check all receptacles. Fire up ALL of the appliances and accessories. Check the Slide operation. These were items that I checked out extensively along with the normal PDI items.

Good luck and enjoy your new Raptor,
Steve
saltytuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Wilkod

Thanks Saltytuna. Will fill up the tanks. I have had some bad black water tank experiences so I need to make sure all of that is perfect. Thanks
Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
curlyfungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkod View Post

Thanks guys
Check the cabinets and countertops for scratches. We didn't and have since noticed A LOT of scratches in the Corian. We can't prove that we didn't do it so we are sol.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Wilkod

Sounds like good advice. Will do that. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Loriv247

Congratulations!! We just got our Fuzion a couple weeks ago and love it! I guess we weren't paying as close attention during our PDI as we should have because we completely overlooked the fact that one of the front cap lights was missing a black metal gasket. Oops!! Also, make sure you check the ladder. Ours was bent and was very difficult to remove and replace. Fortunately they swapped it out for another. Have fun!!