Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
dirnbda

Unhappy Front Cap

Is there anybody with a 2012, 327RES having problems with the front cap oxidation and loss of gloss?
dirnbda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Try doing a forum search by typing in "front cap fading". This issue has been discussed before and while you are waiting for others to respond to your question, have a look at what has been discussed previously.

And welcome to the forum.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
old racer

Yes. We have a '12 325 SRX with the same problem. (Faded gel coat) . It starts at the top and is about 1/4 of the way down. Have read through several responses. According to what I have read,there are products out there that can be purchased to bring the shine back with lots of polishing and buffing. Others say the best option is to have it re-painted, and some say that Keystone is not willing to bear the cost as it is not a warranty issue. Start with your dealer and see what they say. Iam sure they are aware of the problem.
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
plowbuggy

We have a 2008 Laredo in which I have already had to remove the decals from the cap due to peeling..I bought some Meguiar's Ultimate Rubbing Compound (from Wal Mart) and a inexpensive Rotary Buffer (Variable Speed) w/ foam buffing pads (from Harbor Freight) and went at it..It was my first time I had ever used a Rotary Buffer..I just took my time and spent a few hours on it and it brought back the fantastic shine..I still want to go over it again w/ the Rubbing Compound and then apply a Polishing Wax..That Meguiar's Ultimate Rubbing Compound is some amazing stuff..