Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
McGillicutty

LED Replacements for Fuzion Lighting

I searched for LED and got no results so I'd like to ask if anyone has found replacement LED lamps for the fixtures in the Fuzion toy haulers? I've got a 2013 Fuzion 310 and I've not gone so far as to pull the existing lamps/bulbs to determine the size and type so before I begin I wanted to see if someone has already done this? I'd like to install LEDs to reduce the draw on my batteries. I do an annual 10 days in the sticks on Thanksgiving and am going to add batteries and solar to see if I can set my trailer up so I only have to start the generator to run the microwave. Thanks
McGillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
BeaverRZR

They are very easy to pop out. I did but dont remember the numbers. I'm surprise you don't have LEDs already my 2013 FZ342 is all LED with the exception of a couple lights in the garage and the outside security lights
Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
McGillicutty

You know Beaver I may in fact have LEDs, I haven't done any investigation yet and just assumed that Keystone wouldn't have outfitted the rig with the more expensive LED lighting. I'll check some out tonight, I may already be good to go. Thanks for your response and sorry if I'm wasting your guys time. Mike.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
dogger

I never put much thought into the lights in our Fuzion 342. I assumed they were halogen or something. I will have to look myself. I know there is a couple of the old style light fixtures that use regular automotive incandescent bulbs but never paid attention to the others. Maybe I will have to stop yelling at the kids to turn the lights off while drycamping!

On a similar topic, I am assuming I am not the only one that has a bunch of burnt out LED's in the awning light strip? I will be adding that to my list of things when we visit our dealer next.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
BeaverRZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
I never put much thought into the lights in our Fuzion 342. I assumed they were halogen or something. I will have to look myself. I know there is a couple of the old style light fixtures that use regular automotive incandescent bulbs but never paid attention to the others. Maybe I will have to stop yelling at the kids to turn the lights off while drycamping!

On a similar topic, I am assuming I am not the only one that has a bunch of burnt out LED's in the awning light strip? I will be adding that to my list of things when we visit our dealer next.
i have 4-5 spots in the awning that the LED's have quit working. I would take it back if i thought they might replace the LED's and i could get my hauler back in a reasonable amt of time but most likely theyll just replace the whole awning since its under warranty. Think I'll wait til warranty is just about up for that.

As for lighting, my 342 has LED's everywhere except garage, two hanging lights over counter, and one over the bathroom cupboard. The lights over the couch appear to regular bulbs but i havent pulled them out yet to look as we really never even turn them on
Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
vbortch

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGillicutty View Post
I searched for LED and got no results so I'd like to ask if anyone has found replacement LED lamps for the fixtures in the Fuzion toy haulers? I've got a 2013 Fuzion 310 and I've not gone so far as to pull the existing lamps/bulbs to determine the size and type so before I begin I wanted to see if someone has already done this? I'd like to install LEDs to reduce the draw on my batteries. I do an annual 10 days in the sticks on Thanksgiving and am going to add batteries and solar to see if I can set my trailer up so I only have to start the generator to run the microwave. Thanks
I have a 2013 Fuzion Monster Package. 90% of my interior lights are LED. All of the small glass "puck" style lights are LED. Garage overhead round lamps and small round lights with fake chrome bezels are not LED. Hope this helps.
vbortch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
howdy
Permanent User Ban

I am converting my 342 over to LED lights. I have so far replaced about 16 of the G4 puck lights with LED's I bought off ebay. Over time I will get to most of the other lights which take a different size bulb. Its not like my old trailer where if I wanted to just have one light on I could. This trailer has 6 lights come on with one flick of the switch without the ability to turn any off that you don't need. LED's would seem to be a must in a situation like that.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
McGillicutty

I have raised the issue of the awning LEDs failure on the big awning when I took mine back for warranty repair. Camping World thus far has said Keystone has not authorized warranty repair on a single item I brought up! They do believe they will authorize the replacement of the awning LEDS though. They've said Keystone wants further diagnosis before determining whether some of the other issues are in fact warranty and so to do so Camping World wants me to say I'll pay for the hours it will take for them to tear into the trailer in an attempt to satisfy Keystone and should Keystone deny the repair. Come on really? A grey tank valve isn't bad if when you take off the sewer cap grey water comes gushing out? It's not a warranty issue when the Heat Strip in the garage AC wasn't working because it was never connected at the factory? Camping world fixed a thermostat that worked so poorly that it was almost impossible to find the "off" position, a sliding glass door that would not close because the CW tech said it had been installed improperly, the garage AC and the Grey Tank valve?

I must say CW has been really good having fixed the slider and thermostat without warranty authorization or charging me because they were easy fixes relatively speaking but they didn't have to do that for me and Keystone didn't have to take the position they did. So far I'm likely to recommend to anyone who asks that I love the Keystone product but wonder what would happen if you had a REALLY serious problem that's not so easy fix since it appears they don't want to stand behind any problems they have with their products.

Sorry for the rant, the point is you SHOULD be able to have the LEDs repaired under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverRZR View Post
i have 4-5 spots in the awning that the LED's have quit working. I would take it back if i thought they might replace the LED's and i could get my hauler back in a reasonable amt of time but most likely theyll just replace the whole awning since its under warranty. Think I'll wait til warranty is just about up for that.

As for lighting, my 342 has LED's everywhere except garage, two hanging lights over counter, and one over the bathroom cupboard. The lights over the couch appear to regular bulbs but i havent pulled them out yet to look as we really never even turn them on
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

McGillicutty,

Have you actually communicated with Keystone referencing your VIN and following up on the denied warranty work? I'm not really a betting man, but I'd bet you that the gray tank valve and the AC heat strip were never reported to Keystone. And, if they were, that Keystone gave the authorization to repair them.

As for minor items such as that, realistically, Camping World should have found the unplugged heat strip as a part of the PDI that Keystone already had paid them for. That inspection should have been performed before you picked up the RV. If it was done properly, your heat strip would have been plugged in. Since it wasn't, I'd question what else CW "paperworked" on the PDI......

For what it's worth, I'd be in contact with Keystone asking pointed quesitons with reference to the VIN and then contacting the "dear soul" at CW who was giving you the conflicting information about denied warranty service......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #10
McGillicutty

JRTJH, I guess I souldn't start bashing Keystone on second hand info and that's what I'm getting from CW. I didn't buy my rig from CW but rather a dealer about 100 miles from my home because CW couldn't come close to their price. I'm not terribly upset because these issues aren't too serious and my repairs have not necessarily been denied but rather delayed. I agree the selling dealer did not make sure I was delivered a unit that was without issue and I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than they were a good $5K below any other dealer on price. So these issues will probably get resolved sooner or later, some of which CW has already fixed and for a savings of $5K I think I'd do it the same way again. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

McGillicutty,

From what you just answered, it seems that you bought your RV from a "wholesale" dealer at a significantly discounted price and are now upset because the minor things that are usually repaired/corrected during the dealership PDI are still not corrected. You say you saved several thousand dollars and that you'd probably do it again.

One of the considerations you could include in your next RV purchase is the PDI that Keystone pays the dealer to perform PRIOR TO CUSTOMER DELIVERY. That inspection is actually a checklist that the dealership is "supposed to" comply with. On that checklist is a complete listing of all RV systems, fit, finish, and functional checks. It is actually more comprehensive and detailed than the PDI found on this forum. Keystone pays a significant amount of money to the dealer to perform this inspection. If done correctly, you would find very little to complain about after delivery.

One of the ways "wholesale dealers" make up the discounted price (so they can maximize their "hidden profit") is by only doing what is absolutely necessary to deliver the RV to the customer. That means, checking off the PDI without completely performing it (but accepting the full payment from Keystone). That leave you, the customer, several hundred to thousands of miles from the seller (isn't that convenient for him) and at the mercy of a local dealership who didn't make any money on the sale of your RV. When you take it in for warranty work and complain of things like an unplugged heat strip, loose plumbing connections, crooked cabinet doors, etc.... Keystone is going to tell the dealer that those things were already paid for in the PDI funding. The problem is: CW didn't get paid to do the PDI, so naturally, repairing those items will be on "their dime" or charged to the customer. Many dealerships will try to make up the lost repair costs by doing them as a part of a legitimate repair charge, but that isn't always possible.

When you buy from one of these "wholesale dealers" and then dump on your local dealer for "warranty work" what you're actually doing is asking him to do free work that Keystone paid his competetor (the "wholesale dealer") to do, but didn't do because he maximized his profits by dumping an "incomplete RV" on you, knowing you were not going to return.....

It sounds like CW is trying to help you, but they are not in the business of repairing other dealer's issues for free.

Good luck with your RV, and if you're ever back in the vicinity of your "wholesale dealer" you might want to stop in with that list of things that need repair and see how fast he jumps at the opportunity to "help you".......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
McGillicutty

Sounds about right John and although I wasn't aware there are different types of dealerships I did know that since I was buying so far from home any issues I had with the rig would be addressed at a dealer closer to home like CW. I had also heard that getting warranty work done at a dealer that hadn't sold me the the RV would put me in the Priority B line after they'd serviced their customers. So I'm not complaining too loudly so long as my issues ultimately get resolved. Seems the failure of a dealer to perform the extensive systems checks is something that ANY dealer could omit without penalty when they sell to someone whose not local and won't be bring the RV back to them for service and how would you know? Seems when these types of issues and complaints come in to Keystone from a customer that purchased elsewhere they should penalize the "wholesale dealer" especially when the issues were obviously something they would have picked up on during the inspection they were paid to perform. That would stop the BS I bet.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
JRTJH, I guess I souldn't start bashing Keystone on second hand info and that's what I'm getting from CW. I didn't buy my rig from CW but rather a dealer about 100 miles from my home because CW couldn't come close to their price. I'm not terribly upset because these issues aren't too serious and my repairs have not necessarily been denied but rather delayed. I agree the selling dealer did not make sure I was delivered a unit that was without issue and I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than they were a good $5K below any other dealer on price. So these issues will probably get resolved sooner or later, some of which CW has already fixed and for a savings of $5K I think I'd do it the same way again. Thanks for your reply.
Almost sounds like a dealer in Turlock.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
McGillicutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Almost sounds like a dealer in Turlock.
BINGO! Great prices, slippery little used car salesmen.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
BINGO! Great prices, slippery little used car salesmen.
Yep....I saved even 10K more that I could have gotten the same trailer for from the midwest "wholesale" dealers. I couldn't buy a 4 year old used trailer for that price. Worst customer service I have ever experienced though. Lies. Nothing but lies and broken promises. Karen ought to be embarrassed of herself. I never planned on going back to them for service, but just tried to get an item that was supposed to come with the trailer. I will just pick it up at my local CW who is a Fuzion dealer if I feel we still want it. I feel for anyone who counts on that place for any service issues.