Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
beavs72

New 2400BH

We are waiting on delivery of our first TT. Moving up from a PUP that we have had for two years. It's a big step up for us and we are excited and nervous. Just wondering on some of the questions I should be asking and things I should look for during the PDI. Let me know your thoughts and any creative MODs you might have. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
grumpygregg

Congrats. There is a great PDI checklist on the site, I don't remember off hand but it may be a sticky. There are lots of great Ideas and people on here, I am sure you will be modding in no time.

Gregg & Danielle
2014 Bullet 248RKS
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee HEMI
grumpygregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #3
campertime

We just picked one up a month ago and love it.

-Check all the cabinet doors and drawers to make sure they open and close properly.
-Check all the edges of the countertop and table (including the outside kitchen). The edge banding seems to be installed very poorly on most of the passports.
-Check the door latch and Door catch on the entry door. They seem to have interference trouble. (If needed have them replace screws on wall side with flat head screws)
-Check all the screws on the lower plastic skirting around the wheels. We had a few missing.
-Check the fasteners on the plastic fridge vent cover on the outside of the unit. We were missing one.

Mods
-Have them install a strut on the queen bed to hold it open or do it yourself.
-Install a lower entry door hook and latch so if you decide you want the door open all the way while camping you can just remove the strut.
-Install a battery shutoff switch.
-BAL extended fit x-chocks for load distributing axle design.
-Power tongue jack (very nice.... my next addition)
-you will need paper towel holder, toilet paper holder, and towel bars. (use fancy command strip hooks for towels in bathroom)

That's about all I can think of for now. Good luck with delivery
Old 07-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
campertime

Oh.... one more thing, if you get the Camco outdoor grill you might want to add the swing arm grill mount to the back bumper. It puts the grill in the perfect place right next to the outdoor kitchen. Just make sure you buy the 10ft quick connect hose because the hose that comes with the grill is too short to make the connection from the bumper mount. We found that out the hard way LOL
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
beavs72

I did notice the edge banding on the unit we looked at was coming off on the outside kitchen so I will take note of that as well as the door issue. I've seen a bunch of posts on that so it sounds like an issue they need to resolve.
Another question is... I am guessing I want the "extended" Chocks due to the distance but did you go with two or just the one? This is all new to me so thanks for the info
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
campertime

I am starting with one on the door side and wooden chocks on the slideout side, but most recommend using two. We'll see how it works out on the next trip.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
campertime

you may want to ask them to show you the water pump. It is a PIA to access, next to bed, enclosed by wood.

you may also want to see the water heater, also a PIA. accessed by climbing in lower bunk cabinet and removing wood paneling. Make sure the bypass is closed so you don't burn your water heater up on the first trip out.

I plan on installing some plumbing access doors in those two areas to gain easier access for winterizing and dewinterizing.