Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
BigBearWV

Might be trading.......

We might be trading our 300KBS (bumper pull) for 312RE (5er). We pull with a F-250 crew 6.7 diesel. Looking for advice. Any reason not to let the wife do the deal?
BigBearWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't think you'll get anybody to buy into whether or not your wife is capable of purchasing an RV......

One thing you might want to double check, I do believe the 312RE is one of the Laredo line that doesn't have an outside vented range hood. That has been a big "bone of contention" with people who realize after purchasing, that their range hood just vent's humid air back into the RV.

Otherwise, it looks like a comfortable RV. Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I don't think you'll get anybody to buy into whether or not your wife is capable of purchasing an RV......

One thing you might want to double check, I do believe the 312RE is one of the Laredo line that doesn't have an outside vented range hood. That has been a big "bone of contention" with people who realize after purchasing, that their range hood just vent's humid air back into the RV.

Otherwise, it looks like a comfortable RV. Good Luck
X2 We won't buy another without the vented range hood.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
BigBearWV

I personally am very happy with the 300BKS however! She would like more living room. Is there any way to retro fit the range hood to vent outside.

Happy Wife Happy Life
Words to live by right there!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Do a forum search for Range Hood. There are several recent threads (less than a year old) regarding the problems with trying to retrofit a vent. There is one member who did it successfully (All I can remember, there may be more than one member) and others that have adapted by using other means to get rid of the range heat/exhaust.

If you're planning to do any cool/cold weather use, you may want to consider having the dealer retrofit the range hood as a part of the purchase price. Or ???? But as previously said, I wouldn't consider an RV without an exhausting range hood.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
tsenior

I know this is a Keystone forum and believe in loyalty but my experience with my 2 year old Montana has not been good at all. Consider changing manufacturers and do plenty of research.
tsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
BigBearWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenior View Post
I know this is a Keystone forum and believe in loyalty but my experience with my 2 year old Montana has not been good at all. Consider changing manufacturers and do plenty of research.
Go hate someplace else we bought it and we love it. I looked at all "7" of your posts and it seams you might have a dealer problem not a manufacture problem.

Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Bill & Deb

[ATE=BigBearWV;108877]I personally am very happy with the 300BKS however! She would like more living room. Is there any way to retro fit the range hood to vent outside.

Happy Wife Happy Life
Words to live by right there![/QUOTE]

Bigbear

I bought a Laredo 329re 2014 back in October. The range hood is not vented as you know by now. I'm not too worried about it. I have been in the trailer full time since end of December down here in Florida and have not had any real issues with the hood not being vented. We have a fantastic fan on the roof above the stove. This does an adequate job of venting any moisture. It has been cool down here this winter as well. After the warranty is up, I plan to install a vented range hood. Just have to cut a hole in outside wall and install locking vent cap.

Regards Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #9
BigBearWV

Ya it certainly was not a deal breaker for us. The "fantastic" fan moves a heck of a lot of air. In our previous TT the hood did a poor job at best when cooking so I might not even cut the hole!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #10
airforceret

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearWV View Post
Ya it certainly was not a deal breaker for us. The "fantastic" fan moves a heck of a lot of air. In our previous TT the hood did a poor job at best when cooking so I might not even cut the hole!
After having a fantastic fan, we rarely use the range fan any more. In fact, I've got it screwed shut outside so it don't flap in the wind on the Palomino now.
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #11
mguay

The range in my 316RL wasn't vented outside either. I waited till a "Dewey" morning when I could see the framing and took a pic. Then went to the dealer and spent the $6 on the vent. Went home measured twice and drilled once. A little jig saw work and presto....what the factory couldn't spend an extra 5 min on.
We are on year 5 and love our Keystone product. I think the haters are just not reasonable. They complain if there was nothing to complain about. We are looking at DRV to fulltime in....but I can think of a lot of reasons ($$$$$$) to do it in a Big Sky. Just saying...

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #12
Terry W.

We also moved from a 300KBS to a 5ver. We got a Avalanche 330RE. We love it and no range vent either. I plan on adding one before long. We camp around 50 plus day a year not counting to 2 weeks in the back yard while the house was being worked on during snow & ice storm and have had no problems, just use roof fan.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote