Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
RRE2018

2019 Cougar Tank Flush

Good Evening,
Just picked up my new 2019 Cougar Half ton 32 BHS a couple days ago. I seem to be playing phone tag with dealer and am hoping maybe someone here can help.
In the outdoor shower area I have four hose hookups,
- first one is for winterizing,
-Second one is for city water connection
- Third one i am questioning, I was thinking possibly the rear black tank flush?? Any thought as the when I turn the water on it dead ends?
- Fourth one is for the front black tank flush, found this out after flooding the upper bathroom due to loose connections and finding check valve installed backwards.

FYI, I do have a gravity feed fresh water fill, If any one knows about the third hook-up and could shed some light on it, I would really appreciate it. If it is the rear black tank flush, is there another check valve that could be installed backwards also and where would that be?

Thank you
Courtney Rose
Northern WI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3840.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	16456  
RRE2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
Slapshoot

You are correct. It is the black tank flush.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 AM   #3
RRE2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshoot View Post
You are correct. It is the black tank flush.

Thank you, do you know if there would be another check valve for that one or why the water is dead ending and not getting to rear tank?
RRE2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
jeff57

It sure sounds like the check valve is installed backwards. That seems to be a common occurrence based on the number of Forum posts about black tank flush systems. The black tank flush on our old Laredo (TT) seemed to dead-end too, turned out the check valve installed backwards (but was fixed under warranty).
The check valve in our current Premier (TT) is under the bathroom sink but it leaked when first used even though the dealer said they verified it worked.
Evidently even though it leaked, it worked??

Hope this helps.
Previous: 2014 F150 SCrew 4x4 w/3.5 EcoBoost; 2014 Laredo 274RB

jeff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #5
ADStin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRE2018 View Post
Good Evening,
Just picked up my new 2019 Cougar Half ton 32 BHS a couple days ago. I seem to be playing phone tag with dealer and am hoping maybe someone here can help.
In the outdoor shower area I have four hose hookups,
- first one is for winterizing,
-Second one is for city water connection
- Third one i am questioning, I was thinking possibly the rear black tank flush?? Any thought as the when I turn the water on it dead ends?
- Fourth one is for the front black tank flush, found this out after flooding the upper bathroom due to loose connections and finding check valve installed backwards.

FYI, I do have a gravity feed fresh water fill, If any one knows about the third hook-up and could shed some light on it, I would really appreciate it. If it is the rear black tank flush, is there another check valve that could be installed backwards also and where would that be?

Thank you
Courtney Rose
Northern WI
FYI, for those looking in the future, the black tank flush check valve for the half bath (right black tank flush/fourth connection) is under the sink in the half bathroom. The black tank flush check valve for the rear/main full bathroom (left black tank flush/third connection) is under the kitchen sink immediately to the right.

Both of mine where put on in reverse and began to work correctly once I switched the lines. However, I'm concerned if there will be future problems because the top portion of the check valves are now facing to the left instead of up.

Andrew

2020 Keystone Cougar 32BHS
ADStin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
ewbldavis

Thanks! Both mine were backwards as well. Glad I paid for a PDI
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, tank