Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
dndweeks

A Newbie in Every Way

My name is Debbie. My husband and I live in Illinois with our 2 little girls and 2 dogs. I have wanted an RV for several years and hubby is just now coming on board. The RV's that I have been most impressed with are all Keystone and I want to learn as much as I can while we save and work toward our purchase in the not too distant future.

I will warn you that I am likely going to have a lot of questions and hope the fact we are not currently RV owners doesn't prevent me from being part of the group.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

HI And welcom to the group! please ask away lots of great folks here to help. i remember when my wife and i were looking for our firstone i think it took about 6 years to finnaly commit to one. it was a montana tt about 37 ft we loved it. we used to camp in tents on a motorcycle! this is soooooooooo much nicer. remember this is an adventure end enjoy. my doggies love the camper too. the little (ha) like to hang out on the bed and look out the big rear window! they are lazy and being malamutes they are not fond of heat so they like a/c what a lfe!!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
DTJ9610

Welcome to the forum. I was in the same boat as you 2 years ago. Kept putting it off until finally I agreed to take the plunge. We started out with a 17 ft hybrid (solid walls but fold out beds) pulling with a minivan. 7 months later I had my pickup and a new 35ft trailer. My only regret is that we wiated so long. The wife and 3 boys love it.

Good luck with the selection process (that's half the fun) and ask as many questions as you need. The members on this forum are great and full on knowledge.

Just don't get them going about their trucks

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

oh dear lord TRUCK ENVY YIKES!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
fla-gypsy

Welcome and please do your homework to make RV ownership be as pleasant as it should be. Most common mistake is insufficient tow vehicle. We are here to help.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
michael

Welcome, I hope you get one soon there alot of fun, I love my floor plan there is room for 4 grandbabys 2 on each couch, And another one if i would put the table down, I think my next one i would like a 5th wheel with the same layout just two to three feet more bedroom space and a bedroom slide would be awsome. no matter what you may choose theres always another that has somthing yours dosent, mine is 29ft but 34ft with the tounge hitch, Thoes extra hitch feet is waisted length, But lol the space i have in my pickup is awsome too Im still liven the dream.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote