Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
Potcs

Lights

I have a 2010 3455 Montana and the outside lights the one under the stairs and the one over the hitch won't shut off. I don't have the remote. Can someone tell me how to get them turned off?
Potcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Try resetting the controller by disrupting power to it. Disconnecting the lead from the battery post should do it in the event there is no other disconnect on or near the controller Itself such as a switch or fuse
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
canesfan

Why in the world do we need a remote to control our RVs??? Are we as a people really getting that lazy? Or is it just we have to have another gadget that seems cool but is really just something else to break and/or lose? I have freakin 7 remotes in my rig, along with 7 different door/lock keys. It takes me half an hour to figure out what goes with what. By then I forgot what I was going to do and need a drink. I know, I could label them, but...

Edit - After thought...the ONE remote that could be REALLY useful but isn't, is the one to control the volume of either the stereo or the soundbar, I forget which. It is line of sight only, so if you're outside listening to music and want to change the volume or station or something you have to go inside. Anf the one for the fireplace, yes, really, you have to bend down and point it directly at the fireplace or it doesn't work. They already replaced the ENTIRE fireplace once because the stupid remote didn't work.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

LOL Canesfan, I agree !!!

When I was a kid and we finally got TV, I was my Dad's "remote"... He'd sit in his recliner and say, "Boy, change the channel" (we only had 2 stations, so there was never any confusion) or he'd say, "Boy, make it louder"...

Oh, and we had an outside antenna, which had to be rotated every time I changed the channel from "New Orleans" to "Baton Rouge"... That meant a trip outside, under the window, twisting the pipe while I listened (through the window fan) as Dad would say, "A little more, nope, back a tad, OK that's it" and I'd then go back inside and we'd watch Gunsmoke, or Ed Sullivan or the Pabst Saturday Night Fights or ???

Remotes? Like you, I have a collection in the house and another collection in the trailer, usually have to pick up two or three before I find the one that works.....

Oh, and don't get me started on keys. Hell, there's 7 just to lock the tree stands and trail cameras, not to mention the 8 or 10 that are on the truck key ring that has to "go along" so I can get back home.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

canesfan: Soooo glad My Raptor was built before these remote toys were implemented. I could see if they were properly designed intelligent controllers not mere very poor emulations of manual switch operations . Now we have the second generation "IN Command" which seems to have more stuff but just as DUMB. Just need to read the many posts to judge. For us older gals and gents remember the days before the three and four way switches well in my opinion that is where these remotes are including the In Command. Just my
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

The only thing I'm really looking to add to my next trailer is 6 point auto leveling. I never use all the other gizmos to their full extent so don't really need them nor miss them. Probably ought to learn but just don't need that in my life.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:19 AM   #7
xrated

The one "remote" that I WILL be adding to my T.H. setup is coming this late spring or early summer. The company that makes the LevelMate Pro, will be coming out with Bluetooth momentary switches, operated from a phone app (just like their LevelMate). I'm going to buy two of the switches and install them for my slides. With those installed, I'll be able to put the slides out from outside of the T.H. and watch them come out and make sure that they are not going to hit anything on the way out......but technically, it's not a physical "remote", just an app on the phone that communcates via Bluetooth. And BTW, they will also have local switches so that you can operate them just like you operate your slides now....just in case something would happen to your phone or ????
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:34 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
The one "remote" that I WILL be adding to my T.H. setup is coming this late spring or early summer. The company that makes the LevelMate Pro, will be coming out with Bluetooth momentary switches, operated from a phone app (just like their LevelMate). I'm going to buy two of the switches and install them for my slides. With those installed, I'll be able to put the slides out from outside of the T.H. and watch them come out and make sure that they are not going to hit anything on the way out......but technically, it's not a physical "remote", just an app on the phone that communcates via Bluetooth. And BTW, they will also have local switches so that you can operate them just like you operate your slides now....just in case something would happen to your phone or ????
That sounds intriguing. I just bought the LevelMatePro. I'll install it this weekend and give it a trial. Do they have a link to the new product?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 03-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
Stircrazy

I find the remote for the slides are a god send, I stand outside and watch the slides come out as I park in sites with lots of trees quite often. I do like the outside light on the trailer on the remote also, when I go visiting and come home after dark I can click the remote and light up the trailer so I can see as apposed to leaving the outside light on the whole time I am gone.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

I really like our remote that enables me to open the slides while outside watching. It also lets me extend and retract my stabilizers which is extremely handy. For the OP: When I first bought our trailer I was driving down the road, looked back and saw my flood lights were on. Could not turn them off with the switch. After researching....probably on this forum, it was suggested I turned them on with the remote. Took the remote, hit the light switch and off they went. They were on for two days driving down the road and at night because I couldn't figure it out. I suppose I had mistakenly hit the button while performing another task. You might have the same problem.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #11
CaptnJohn

When I bought the Cougar there was a remote in the wall holder and another in the packet of papers with the charger. After 11 months I tried to move the awning with the one in the holder. I thought nothing was happening but found later the awning button worked the light over the pinbox. So, the one with the paperwork was charged and found it had even more items on it and worked the awning. Next trip will try the slides, maybe even the auto-level system. Old guys love auto-level but remotes for everything else?

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:54 AM   #12
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
That sounds intriguing. I just bought the LevelMatePro. I'll install it this weekend and give it a trial. Do they have a link to the new product?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
Hey Chip, sorry for the late reply, but yes they do. At this time it's just a little infomation and the page obviously hasn't gone "live" for purchasing. Here ya go. BTW, did you get the LevelMate Pro installed?

http://www.logicbluetech.com/powermatepro

Old 03-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Hey Chip, sorry for the late reply, but yes they do. At this time it's just a little infomation and the page obviously hasn't gone "live" for purchasing. Here ya go. BTW, did you get the LevelMate Pro installed?

http://www.logicbluetech.com/powermatepro
Yes I did, last weekend while it was 75. This weekend it snowed. Go figure. I can't wait to use it and my Anderson levelers in April! Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out. Be safe on the track.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 03-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
xrated

Yea, it always looks bad when one of the Instructors crashes....our Director kind of frowns on that.....but it does happen. I've been down three times since I started doing track days in 2005, fortunately, it was mostly pride that was injured and nothing serious.

Our first venture out with the new LevelMate and Anderson levelling wedges will be in April also. Let me know what you think.

Tags
light, lights