Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
FlowerChild

Leak I can't Find

Howdy,

I have a leak in the kitchen area of my 2017 3791 RD 5th Wheel. It showed up yesterday in the kitchen area and seemed to be coming from under the sink. I checked all under the sink and nothing is dripping or wet. I did have the washer running in the front. Could this be the culprit? If so, where do I find the pipes? Any help will be appreciated.
FlowerChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Was the water above the floor, on the vinyl or under the trailer ? Clean water or "sink water" ? How much/how big a puddle? Possibly the ice maker shutoff valve that runs under the trailer and over to the refrigerator in the slide???

If it was "under the sink, inside the cabinet, I'd think either a loose faucet fitting or a loose drain fitting, possibly the caulking in the sink under the flange of the drain basket ??? I know, all guesses, but I wouldn't suspect the washer that's located 25' away as the culprit. It is "remotely possible" that the jolts from washer valves opening/closing could cause fittings to "shudder" under the sink, but I wouldn't think that would cause a leak if it doesn't leak at other times... Again, just guessing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
FlowerChild

I thought of the ice maker, but the water (on the floor, outside the cabinet, in the kitchen, next to the island/sink). The leak stopped when the washer stopped. I'm going to keep looking. Will let everyone know what I find.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

In a stick built home the dish washer drain connects to the kitchen sink drain, normally. Not sure any other drain lines are under the kitchen lines. Take a look. What I do trouble shooting a leak. If you believe it maybe coming from under the sink. Get a flash light and get under the sink. Turn on only 1 tap at a time. Watch for a minute or 2. If it is leaking you will see it and from where. I will guess that the washer drains near the washer thru the floor into the pipes under the RV. Could it leak somehow in the kitchen, that I doubt but would not rule out.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

If your gray water dump valve is closed and the washer drains it may push water out the cheater valve under the island if it is loose or defective. Wrap a paper towel around the valve and see if it gets wet when the washer cycles. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
mtofell

By any chance do you have a hand sprayer that you pull out of the sink. These are notorious for leaking and are often hard to pinpoint as the cause of leak since once they are "holstered" you can't see the drip.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Really having a problem associating the running of a clothes washer in the front of the 5er and a
puddle of water say 25 feet away in the kitchen outside of a cabinet containing sink piping. This is going to be an interesting one. May have to fire up that washer again. I do lay paper around when I am chasing down a leak.

Now we have had a couple threads involving washers, I am still trying to understand the washer drain piping, guess it's RV Magic
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
FlowerChild

Yes, I have a hand sprayer. I will check that out also. Thanks for the tip,
Old 01-28-2020, 06:43 PM   #9
RVbuying

Could it be?

My 2020 Montana has a vent pipe under island that comes to just below sink. If you’re Rey tank for that sink is full I’m curious if the water would spill out that vents cap to your island floor.. no obvious leak in piping so tank water splashed out???
RVbuying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

RVbuying,

This thread is 3 years old and the original poster hasn't signed onto the forum since March 1, 2017. While your suggestions may be "spot on" they are going to "fall on deaf ears" (or non present ears)...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak