Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #1
bwright

4 pt Leveling

Fairly new to the 4 pt leveling. I am getting a "LF JACK" error message and have retracted the jacks, but still no success. The manual says to "resolve the error" but does not tell how to resolve the error. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this one?

2015 Montana High Country 353RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L Powerstroke
bwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
Javi

It is pretty straight forward... Hook up to the TV and raise all jacks with the manual mode buttons.

Now manually extend each jack at least 6 inches (again with the manual buttons)..

Once all 4 jacks are extended, press and hold the "RETRACT ALL JACKS" button until ALL jacks begin to retract. Try it at least 3 times before giving up...

If this still doesn't clear the fault or a jack refuses to retract, then it is generally a loose or frayed wire/connection on that specific jack.

The Ground Control 3 unit is a great system and I love mine, but it will completely lose its mind if the battery is disconnected. If the unit loses power you will have to reset the "HOME" position of the jacks and the "ZERO POINT LEVEL" of the trailer.. These aren't difficult to do and only take a few minutes, but I caution you not to let the battery run down during camping season..
Old 10-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
tom37

Javi is right. Very easy to do. As an added note, when you use the battery disconnect, it doesn't affect The leveling system.
tom37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
cant_remember_ID

This is good information. Just so I'm prepared for the spring, will I have to reset level after reinstalling the batteries after winter? This is my first time with the groiiund control. Love them so far.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
nellie1289

read this post, and inside of it is a manual you can download called "ground control 3.0 trouble shooting guide. It is very short and easy read. I followed the directions in in after having the exact same problem and it self corrected in five seconds saving me a trip to the dealer. it autoleveled no problem after it self cleared the code. I now have this guide printed and in my under storage for future reference. Page 9 specifically I think is where I solved my problem(of the guide). PM me if you cant find the pdf file in this post. I can email it to you.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...error+leveling
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #6
hdxbonez

Lippert has an Android app, myLCI, (not sure about Iphone) that provides all the manuals and info you need for their systems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-11-19-52-41.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	9526  
Old 10-12-2015, 04:07 AM   #7
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant_remember_ID View Post
This is good information. Just so I'm prepared for the spring, will I have to reset level after reinstalling the batteries after winter? This is my first time with the groiiund control. Love them so far.
Do you remove your batteries for winter because you have no way of charging them? If you have access to any electricity at all, just use the battery disconnect to eliminate most parasitic drain, then use a Battery Minder for the batteries as is does a better job and uses less electricity than the house charger/converter.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
ShuperDuty

If I can jump in on this topic.....
I'm putting my 2015 Cougar in storage for the first time this weekend. There is no electric available and I'm required to disconnect the battery. (We store it underground in an old limestone mine.) Should I then "just use the battery disconnect to eliminate most parasitic drain"? And will I still have enough battery left in the Spring to pick up my landing gear?
ShuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Eliminating most (not all) of the parasitic drain will help. How long they will retain enough charge to operate the landing gear depends on length of time, what draws are "on" and battery condition.

You could back up to the trailer and then with the TV engine running, plug the 7 way in and you will have 12V+ to do everything.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
ShuperDuty

chuckster,
You're right, I could use the truck to run up the feet. But, once with my last unit the battery was soooo dead the truck wouldn't put enough juice out to operate anything. I had to use my bottle jack to get the feet off the ground. Not fun....

Maybe I'll pull the cables off the battery like with my old unit and deal with resetting the landing gears in the spring.
ShuperDuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:19 AM   #11
cant_remember_ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
Do you remove your batteries for winter because you have no way of charging them? If you have access to any electricity at all, just use the battery disconnect to eliminate most parasitic drain, then use a Battery Minder for the batteries as is does a better job and uses less electricity than the house charger/converter.
I don't have electrical at the storage site. I thought about using a solar maintainer, but I have been told the freezing temps aren't good for a battery and will shorten their life. I'm not convinced this is true, but it is what I have always done. I guess bringing them home to my garage also lessens the chance they will grow legs.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 AM   #12
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
The Ground Control 3 unit is a great system and I love mine, but it will completely lose its mind if the battery is disconnected. If the unit loses power you will have to reset the "HOME" position of the jacks and the "ZERO POINT LEVEL" of the trailer.. These aren't difficult to do and only take a few minutes, but I caution you not to let the battery run down during camping season..

The last two Jayco's I PDI'd had the error message when I installed a battery. Yesterday I put a battery in a '16 Jayco Eagle fully expecting the error...didn't get it and it worked great.

When I talked to tech support they told me the front landing gear needs to have the inner legs set at 4-6 holes showing when re homing them. Yesterday's were 6, previous ones were 12-15. I wonder if the trick is to make sure the front legs are set, and then no battery power doesn't matter.

I'm sure I will do a bunch more, going to make a mental note to see if that theory holds. I'll let you know.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote