Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Capt. Steve

Smile Almost Newbie

I have put a deposit down on a Bullet 215rbs. I am going through a dealer/wholesaler in Cincinnati. I realize i am taking a gamble but I am bringing a friend that has a Keystone Fuzion 5th wheel with me to pick it up and I'm going to spend the first night "camping" on his lot to make sure everything is as right as possible. It's just Me, The Wife, The Dog and my Wife's bunny. We've been lifelong campers and I'm still happy tenting but I'm not getting any younger and packing somehow takes longer than it used to LOL. My question is : How hard is it to install a Fantastic Vent? Should I pay them to install it or is it something I can do myself? Does it fit the pre-existing hole in the bathroom roof? Thanks and I hope i've posted this properly
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your new Bullet. If you are looking for some additional "assistance" when going through your unit to make sure all is right, you might want to download a Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist which is available to members on this forum. You can access it by going to Flyguy's website and following the links there. Hopefully, you will not hand over the balance of what is owing until the dealer has corrected any deficiencies you might find on your one-night campout.
Not sure if you are referring to the Fantastic Vent or the Fantastic Fan. Both accessories will fit the standard pre-exisiting vent hole in your bathroom. Perhaps you can work out a "deal with your dealer" to have it installed for nothing or at a greatly reduced cost. If you are a bit handy, there are installation instructions that come with both the vent and the fan. Doing it yourself shouldn't prove that difficult.
We have two Fantastic Fans in our Cougar and they have so far lived up their claims and expectations. One is located in the bedroom; the other in the living room/kitchen area. We negotiated a price for both units - including installation - with our dealer when we bought the RV.

Note: Here is Flyguy's PDI....
http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-Deli...0Checklist.pdf Inspection Checklist.pdf
Old 01-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Capt. Steve

Fantastic fan/vent

Thank you Mr. Festus2. As I said I'm new! Is the fantatic fan and the fantastic vent two different animals? I heard the fantastic fan comes with a lifetime warranty but when I googled that, I was pretty much sent to the fantastic vent site. It only has a one year warranty. The dealer has already said he'd work a deal with me on the install (I'm also adding an external TV Cable/antennae hookup to the outside wall of the TT) and I WAS leaning that way anyways. One scary question that I woke up last night with (spending this kind of money makes me sleep lightly) was does this model come with an internal voltage inverter?!?!? It really isn't a deal breaker as I intend to "boondock" camp frequently and a generator is going to be a must. But I'm mad at myself that I overlooked this before putting down the deposit. Is there another forum on quiet camping generators?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Flyguy

Here's a video on the Fantastic Fan:

Here's another video:

Here's the video for the Maxxair vent:

Here's another video for the Maxxair:
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

Me again. My apologies ....the vent and the fan are the same animal. We have the Fan-tastic Vent (Model 5000RBT). It is recommended that you do not use the Fan-tastic Vent with just the conventional vent cover that is already installed. Instead, it is highly recommended that you install a Maxx Air Fan Mate ( Model 500/850) over the the existing vent cover. We have both of these installed on top of the Fantastic Fan. This way you can crank the "old" vent cover wide open to allow maximum air intake necessary for the Fantastic Fan to operate most efficiently. You can also travel with the vent "wide open" because it is surrounded and protected by the Air Fan Mate. You can Google the Maxx Air Fan Mate to see better what I am referring to.
Note: The Maxx Air Fan Mate is different from the Maxxair vent cover. It is larger and has an oval-shaped, screened opening.

I doubt very much whether your model (or any model) comes with an internal voltage inverter. A converter is standard equipment in all makes and models.

If you are looking for a "quiet" generator, you will get all sorts of suggestions. You can do a search on this forum --- type in "generator" and you will get numerous hits. Some members have found that some of the "cheaper" brands are reliable and not all that noisy.
Type in "quiet generators" and you may not find any matches! Are you looking for a generator forum or a topic here on this forum?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
Capt. Steve

This Forum is Awesome!

Thank you. In one day of perusing this forum I've learned (amongst other things) that the Fantastic vent is good (thank you Festus2). The Honda 3000ei might not be the generator I need (thank you Fly Guy - it took a bit to figure out how to get to your site but I did). And I've gotten a great Final Check List before giving them the rest of the money. Does anyone have an opinion on the Keystone Bullet 215rbs Trailer? After Tent Camping everywhere from the Florida Keys to the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska (and a lot in between) having a real bed, a toilet, a shower, a stove, and a refrigerator (never mind a TV) is beginning to sound pretty good! By the way I guess I meant electrical converter not electrical inverter on my original post. I've also learned I need to change my incandescent bulbs to LED (and buy the good ones). Add in the Jets beating the Patriots - what a great day!