Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
KYFamily

2013 Avalanche Review

Since the camper is in storage now I thought I would give a review of the 2013 Avalanche 345TG we purchased back on 9/7/13.

This was our 2nd fifth wheel and 4th camper in the last 10 years. We started with a hybrid, then a travel trailer, followed by our last fifth wheel. Our last one was a Jayco that we had for 5 years, so I hope we can keep this one longer.

What drawn us to the 345tg was the outside kitchen without the bunk house. Our travel trailer had the bunk house and we never liked it. Now we have two kids that go with us so the dealer agreed to take out the dinette table and chairs and install the booth, which is an option. Its on order and will be installed in the spring.

The outside kitchen is great. We spent 15 nights in it between buying it and putting it away for the winter and it was very handy. From the kids getting drinks to cooking bacon and eggs in the morning. It's really my favorite thing about the new camper.

During the booth installation next spring I'll need to get the door side basement door seal replaced that was pointed out during the PDI. But overall I'm happy with the fit and finish of the trailer. Everything works but it took some getting use to using the winterization siphon in the waterworks section. The hose I made was too big in diameter to suck the anti-freeze so I borrowed a friends hose with a similar system and it worked. Not sure if Keystone expects you to us the coiled up garden hose that comes with the camper but I couldn't get it to work either.

A couple of things I will fix on my own is the adjustable legs on the fold out couch are not long enough to to level the bed plus the blank tank rinser is not working. I can fix both as I have the spare parts.

This is my first Keystone so time will tell how it will last but I'm pretty particular on how well I take care of my toys.