Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Javi

Cougar 333 MKS Owners

Thought I'd ask again... Since the DW is still pushing me to buy one..

Have you had a chance to weigh the rig and see what the loaded pin weight is?

And other than the control panel, have you had any trouble with it..
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
micar

Don't know about pin weight. Some odd things about the trailer....no light by the door, no light switch for the bedroom lights,only one double light switch in the whole trailer and it works the outside vanity LED's.
No access to the hot water bypass without removing the entire basement storage wall.
No problem with the control panel, but we have only used it for 2 nights due to the massive living room slide leak....love the fireplace but not the indoor waterfall!!!!!
We do love the layout though and it seems to tow lighter than our previous Heartland Sundance 3300 RLB.
Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by micar View Post
no light by the door, no light switch for the bedroom lights,only one double light switch in the whole trailer and it works the outside vanity LED's.
Our double light switch also works the lights over the island. As far as no switch by the door, we remedied that by purchasing the light in this link - http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...4&postcount=36 . It works well, and we hang it using 3M command strip things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micar View Post
No access to the hot water bypass without removing the entire basement storage wall.
In the storage cabinet by the entrance, there is an access panel in the bottom compartment. Although it's still not convenient to have to unscrew the panel and get on your hands and knees to reach in to access the valve.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
5mary6

Cannot go wrong with this floor plan. Outlets, so many outlets which is always an issue with other trailers. Full size shower with standing room for most tall guys. The addition of the nightstand and more outlets inside the closet. Love the center island and the ability to move around the kitchen. Great unit in my opinion. The pin weight seems pretty true as it squats my tow vehicle maybe 2 inches if that. All really depends on your personal needs/wants

PullRite Superglide 16k
Revolution kites

Previous RV

2012 MVP Sonoma SE 23bh
5mary6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
Javi

Thanks... She's really sold on the floor plan, I just have reservations about the pin weight... I know my truck will pull it but I don't want to have to buy new tires and wheels or be so close to max that I have to unload my toolbox every time we want to bring the dogs or a little firewood...

I really hope someone will have actual weights on the trailer before I go nuts... or she makes me buy it regardless..
Old 12-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Javi

Thought I'd bump this back to the top and see if anyone has weighed their 333MKS yet...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
Javi

Bump so maybe someone who weighed their 333mks will see it
Old 01-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
FullTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Thanks... She's really sold on the floor plan, I just have reservations about the pin weight... I know my truck will pull it but I don't want to have to buy new tires and wheels or be so close to max that I have to unload my toolbox every time we want to bring the dogs or a little firewood...

I really hope someone will have actual weights on the trailer before I go nuts... or she makes me buy it regardless..
Maybe this will help? Of course, don't forget to add in loaded water tanks if you travel that way.
2013 Keystone Cougar 333MKS Specifications
http://www.rvguide.com/specs/keyston...ar/333mks.html
Technical Specifications:
Length (ft/m) 36.67 / 11.2
Width (in/mm) 96 / 2438.4
Length (ft/ft) 36
Length (ft/in) 8
Dry Weight (lbs/kg) 10000 / 4536
Payload Capacity (lbs/kgs) 2055 / 932.1

GVWR (lbs/kgs) 12055 / 5468.1
Hitch Weight (lbs/kgs) 1655 / 750.7
Number Of Fresh Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Fresh Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 60 / 227.1
Number Of Gray Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Gray Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 76 / 287.7
Number Of Black Water Holding Tanks 1
Total Black Water Tank Capacity (gal/l) 38 / 143.8
Propane Tank (s) Standard
Number Of Propane Tanks 2
Total Propane Tank Capacity (gal/lbs) 14.2 / 60
FullTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #9
steveh237

Cool Speaking of Lights

New to this forum and new to Fifth Wheeling. Wife and I are looking forward to a long and enjoyable relationship with our new toy.

Just purchased a 2015 Cougar 333MKSWE the other day. Previously had owned a 20-foot Springdale TT, but that got too small for us. Anyways, went through the orientation with the dealer with the everything was pretty straightforward with the info. Got the FW back home and immediately noticed that I had failed to ask a few fundamental questions. Such as, where are the wall light switches in the unit. Used the remote, which controls slide outs, auto-levelers, awning, and outside lights. But not any interior lights. The inside control panel controls all the interior lights. Thought it kind of strange that not one place around the entire FW's interior is a wall switch to control some part of the lights, not even in the bedroom. I called the dealer, both the service and sales. They both sounded to be surprised at my question and could not provide an answer. We ended up purchasing a small motor sensor night light and positioned it near the front door in order to have it come on when we walk in from being out for a while.

Not a real big deal overall, but thought it was kind of odd to not have wired in some switches on the wall since my 20-footer had them. Anyone have that same issue?
steveh237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
b.d.m

You got lucky..

Just pulled into camp and on the way stopped for fuel and drove over the cat scales.

Calculated pin weight full load of water & propaine and stuffed with gear. = 2,153

2014 333 MKS
b.d.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
b.d.keathley

air conditioning

anyone know if the 1 air conditioner that comes with a 2013 333 mks is capable of keeping the coach cool enough during 110 degrees outside? Taking the family out to parker Az on late august (will be the first time out) were worried it wont keep up.
b.d.keathley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.d.keathley View Post
anyone know if the 1 air conditioner that comes with a 2013 333 mks is capable of keeping the coach cool enough during 110 degrees outside? Taking the family out to parker Az on late august (will be the first time out) were worried it wont keep up.
If it is the 15,000 BTU then it will knock the edge off the heat in full sun and actually cool the living room if in full shade to a livable temp. However, the bedroom will feel like a sauna without an additional A/C unit. There is just too much area for a single unit to cool to a comfortable temp in the heat of the summer.

If you have the small (std.) 13,500 BTU unit in the living room then you're in trouble...

Best case I'd suggest putting an non-ducted 13.5 unit in the bedroom and make sure that the main unit is the 15K. And I'd try to park in at least partial shade if possible.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #13
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.d.m View Post
You got lucky..

Just pulled into camp and on the way stopped for fuel and drove over the cat scales.

Calculated pin weight full load of water & propaine and stuffed with gear. = 2,153
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Although that's a little lower than I expected, maybe because of the freshwater tank being in the rear?
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
b.d.m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Although that's a little lower than I expected, maybe because of the freshwater tank being in the rear?
yes the fresh tank is in the back of the trailer.

No genset, no washer dryer.

The dry weight of our trailer is advertised at 1600 lbs for the pin. so we added roughly 500lbs of weight to the pin. Most of that is in the basement storage, and in the "walk in" closet.

2014 333 MKS
b.d.m is offline   Reply With Quote