Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
emax

outside kitchen frige problems

Hey guys ,Well I upgraded my 2011 travel trailor (laredo 303tg) to a 2013 fifth wheel (laredo 335tg) love it. Both have the same outside kitchen. So in my old camper (303tg) the frige was a little bigger and had wire shelves and in the new camper(335tg) the frige is smaller and has glass shelves or had. When I stocked the new camper frige with drinks ( like I did with the old one) and I got to my destination everything was borken all the shelves and beer bottles shattered all over the place so bad that I am going to have to throw out the frige because of all the small bits of glass everywhere. So I called keystone and was told to bring it back to the dealer for warranty but I live in long island and bought the camper in ohio and don't have any one close to bring it to. I would rather buy a new one for two hundred dollars then wast my time finding someone two hours away and telling me they are not warranting it. So now I am looking to buy a new one and they all have glass shelves. Can anyone with a camper with a outside frige with wired shelves please give me the make and model# so I can try to find one Thanks Emax.
emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
labs4life

Mine has glass shelves and I have had zero problems. Just went on a 1600 mile trip and all was well. It is always well stocked!! I use an expandable rod on each shelf to keep things from really bouncing too much.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
emax

that's great just keep an eye on it one bump and it all over if its stocked. I also had it stocked good so things didn't move around and it was all broken I had to throw everything out. I don't want to buy another one with glass shelves because it will happen again the roads suck around here once I get out of NY its smooth sailing.
emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
justlkn

Emax give me a chance to get home and take a look at mine. I have the wire racks also. Mine bounces so bad I don't load it till I get where I am going. I think its the placement of the fridge behind the rear wheels at the very end of the camper is the reason. I thought about moving it up front and see if that helps. I wont get off till 5am this morning so as soon as I wake up i will post it here.

Glenn

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
therink

I have had no problems with mine. I load it up before rolling but I only load with cans, no glass. I also make sure I load it carefully. I also put a strap on the door with snaps to keep it from opening. One thing you may want to try is placing towels in the voids to keep beverages in place.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Laredo291OH

Hi emax,

I will check ours tomorrow, we have a 2011 Laredo 291TG, just slightly smaller than your old 303. We have always traveled with it loaded, but also use the spring loaded bars to keep everything in place. I have velcro on the outside of the door at the top and bottom to keep the door closed while in transport too. First time out the fridge door came open and everything fell out when the kitchen door was opened. On a side note, what do you pull the 335TG with?
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
swan2125

We picked up our 291TG this summer from a dealer in OH and by the time we got back to KY, the frig wasn't working. I don't know what happened, it was working when we did out inspection at the dealer. Anyways, it was a DANBY - it had one wire shelf and one glass shelf. I didn't want to drive four hours back to OH, so I went to the local LOWEs and bought a Frigidaire for about $140 and it works great, only drawback is that the shelves are glass. We've been out four times since June and I always pack it with drinks on the way out - mostly plastic on the glass shelves and the cans go on the door and at the base of the frig.

2015 Avalanche 361TG
2014 Ram 3500, Longhorn, SRW, 4x4, CC, 6.7 CTD, 68RFE, 3.42 with 5th Wheel Prep (Cherry Red)

Previous:

2014 Laredo 291TG (Traded for above)
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab (SOLD)
(5.7L Hemi 4x4 w/ Towing Pkg, factory brake controller and 3.92 Rear Axle)
swan2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Jay D

What if you went to one of the big hardware stores and bought some of the wire shelves for the closet and cut them down to fit the fridge space?