Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Hot water tank problem or switch

I was going through the process of winterizing my trailer and a weird thing happened. I flipped the switch to bypass my hot water tank, opened my hot water tank and opened the valve so water could run out. After that was done I put my hose in the antifreeze and went into the mountaineer and flipped the switch to let my water pump work. No faucets were opened and I noticed my water pump kept kicking on and off. I thought this was strange. I opened faucets one at a time and ran antifreeze through them and then shut them off. I still kept hearing the pump working off and on. I went outside and noticed some anti freeze running out of hot water tank. But not a lot. Anyone else have this problem?

-2013 F350 Lariat turbo diesel 6.7,
B&W companion hitch, 18k
-2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
squeak93

My "bypass" switch did not seal correctly and did the same thing this year. I didn't notice until we were already pumping antifreeze. I am not worried about it but next year I will be replacing the valve/switch before we winterize again.

The worst case is all of the antifreeze leaks out and leaves a pink puddle (until it rains). If you did it properly you shouldn't have any clear water anywhere to freeze anyway.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN

Thanks..I am pretty certain I did it right. All faucets were turned on one at a time until it flowed out and afterwards I poured some antifreeze down the drains for the p traps...

-2013 F350 Lariat turbo diesel 6.7,
B&W companion hitch, 18k
-2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote