Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Old Mustanger

Exterior Speakers

Here's one for all of you problem solvers... in our 2015 Cougar, when I turn the outside speakers on at the radio unit I get nothing but crickets, if I leave the radio on I start to hear a faint sound out of them after about 45 minutes and in about 15 more minutes I get full volume out of them. Could this be the radio or maybe a bad ground connection? Trailer is still in warranty but I know if I take it in for this, the speakers will come on while they are looking at it a "all is well" will be their answer. Thoughts please.
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
Seabee

I don't know which radio you have but, in my '15 cougar, the radio's channels A & B are 20 watt channels. Channel C, which is what the outside speakers are hooked to, is only 10 watts. What this means is the external speakers are not being driven nearly as hard as the inside speakers which means they will be much quieter for the same volume level. This issue annoyed me as well. My fix is to pull the radio and switch the outside speakers to channel B, and one set of inside speakers to channel C.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Old Mustanger

Thanks Seabee, I may try switching channels B & C, don't use the speakers in the bedroom anyway.
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote