Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Seoulcanuck

TV Wiring

I have a 2012 Montana 3400 RL and I need assistance in the way the wires are to go into the back of the wall plate. A year or so ago comcast came in and did something to boost the signal of the cable we were getting and in doing so somehow disconnected our ability to get an antenna signal. We are now living in a place where antenna is our only option and I would really like to get it going again. In the front of the trailer on the wall there are two wall plates. The first wall plate is labelled Bedroom Tv, Satellite and Outside TV. The second wall plate on the outside has a 12V outlet, a cable jack and a booster button. On the inside it has an antenna jack, cable jack, and set 2 jack. Here's the crux; between the two wall plates there are six jacks, but coming out of the wall there are seven wires. I do have a connector booster which may answer that seventh wire. I have three orange wires , two white wires (cable I think), one brown wire and one grey wire. I have tried every combination and am becoming very frustrated that I can't get any air signal.
I am attaching a pic of the wire mess.
Any assistance or suggestions in how this should be connected would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cables.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	5736  
Seoulcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The connections may be your problem, but before going too much further, have you turned on the amplifier section of the wall plate? Unless the little green LED is lit, you won't process an "air signal" regardless of how you're connected. You may have already checked this aspect, but just in case.......

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote