Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
PoBeard

New Springdale owner from Colorado Springs

Greetings from beautiful Colorado Springs.
My wife and I bought a 2010 Springdale 280FWIK last June. We have been camping in it 5 times and we love it. I tow it with a 2003 F250 supercab with a Reese sliding hitch. Have mostly lurked on forums in the past, but I'm looking forward to participating on this one. Finally, we plan on retiring in about 4 years, so any advice will be welcomed...
PoBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
W.E.BGood

Greetings! Read, learn, contribute and enjoy! Oh, and on the advice part...retire as soon as reasonably possible...I highly recommend it, every day's a Saturday. Regards, BGood
W.E.BGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
THedges

Welcome from a fellow Springdale owner!
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome from yet another Springdale owner. Lots to be said about our trailers, suprisingly, for the price, I see a lot of people walking past them to look at others in a higher price range. I'm glad I stopped and peeked in the door. Pleasantly suprised and the more I look in and under it, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice. Of course, time will tell, but I am optomistic that we'll see a lot more Springdale owners on here!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Flyguy

And welcome from yet another Springdale owner. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Handysam

Welcome, participation is very much welcomed. Happy Camping, Sam,
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
cumminsdad08

glad to see there is a few more on here, i was getting nervous. welcome abord
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
wozzukes

New Springdale owner in PA!

Hi everyone! Just happened across this site and was happy to see some recent comments! We just picked up our 2011 284FWBHSSR last week and can't wait for our first trip coming up in 2 weeks! We hope to pick up some good tips from other Springdale owners!
wozzukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Tips for Springdale owners:

1. Take the A/C inside cover off and check the 4 bolts that hold it on the roof. One of mine was not installed (just dangling) and 1 was very loose.

2. While that cover is off, check to see how the A/C ducts are sealed. Mine were not sealed well and were blowing cold air into the rafters. A few yards of aluminum duct seal tape and all is well (DON'T use fabric duct tape). My how much more air comes out of those vents.

3. Take off the heat registers and use a flashlight and mirror to check the ducting. It's probably full of sawdust, and may well have seal problems also.

4. Look where the water inlets are located (from inside the trailer) You'll probably find that there is no insulation in the 3" hole sawed in the side of your trailer.

5. Check the back of the outside shower (the side inside your trailer) Chances are there's no insulation there.

6. Check the skylight in the bath. You may find a sheet of plastic film between the two parts. Mine had a fold which looked like a crack is the only reason I even noticed it.

7. Watch for splinters on the bed frame. The 1/2 inch OSB used as the base for the mattress is not finished on the edges. They have significant splinters and reaching under the mattress to lift the frame could be a suprise that bites you on the hand LOL

Overall, I'd say that Springdale builds a good trailer. Surely none of the things I mention here will cause a significant problem (other than the A/C possibly falling off) but if they exist, they can degrade your trailering experience and we all want that to be the best it can be

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote